GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Please tell us you sent that to blackstone labs :ROFLMAO:
I should have. I appreciated it waiting to shit itself until after I managed to source a replacement.

I imagine this was the engine after it saw me finally pick up the RB

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I know we always want more, but it amazes me how fast a basic mk7 with a tune is compared to cars that we considered fast in the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's. And we get 30 mpg.

CSB, got out of work an hour late when I was on-site this week and had to hurry home to make our dinner plans. Luckily, a large portion of my commute is in "Mexico", so I was doing 3rd and 4th gear passes of 4 and 5 cars at a time, with bursts from 45 to 120mph and back down repeatedly as I passed the slow traffic on the way home, doing 15 to 20 over in the clear stretches. The last 15 miles of the 42 mile trip is 4 and 6 lane divided and heavy traffic with lots of lights.

Even driving like a complete buffoon, I got an indicated 24 mpg for the trip. Let's call it 22mpg for the sake of argument. I used to get 19 to 20 mpg on the highway at a steady 80 mph in both my 05 and 08 STIs. 10 to 12 in the city.

TL,DR - we're living the dream, boys.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Inflation question/cost?

It's been 3 years since my septic tank was last pumped guess the current price. Last time it was $300. No prize just for fun
$305

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Inflation question/cost?

In the 3 years since my septic tank was last pumped guess the current price. Last time it was $300. No prize just for fun
$305
Insert "I did that" sticker here.

I tried...

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Started a contract freelance photography gig today. Taking pictures of apartment buildings. Boring stuff and lots of walking. Beautiful day tho!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
It’s gonna be BBYGTI if I see you out in the wild son.

2E303132-FA81-4787-9E42-D80489328DA7.jpeg

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Started a contract freelance photography gig today. Taking pictures of apartment buildings. Boring stuff and lots of walking. Beautiful day tho!
I tried to get into stuff like that a while back but the client dates never seemed to work with my work schedule. Oh well.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I tried to get into stuff like that a while back but the client dates never seemed to work with my work schedule. Oh well.

They give you a week and with my work schedule I think it can work out. Had to delay it due to Ian and rain. Was planning on taking pictures Monday and Tuesday. I would prefer to do events or little league photos or something but they require work experience and I don’t have any in photography, so I’m trying to get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.