GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
finally got room for two cars in my garage again
1664804943936.png

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Ok, I need one of you computer nerds to point me in the right direction here. Looking for a Mac compatible external hard drive solution. Will be used almost exclusively for kids photos and videos to get them off my ever more expensive cloud storage and I won't be regularly accessing the files. I would like something with dual drives in case one gets damaged/corrupted (my wife would lose it if we lost all the baby photos). 2TB minimum, more than 5TB probably isn't necessary since it's mostly photos and some videos. I've done lots of internet searching and mostly seems like single drive USB devices are all I keep finding.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
finally got room for two cars in my garage again
View attachment 262129
That's why 3 car garage was a non-negotiable must with this house. I need an entire bay for tools, SUP boards, storage, etc....and still be able to park and drive 2 cars. When we still had the Miata, I was able to get it in the third bay, but would be a pain to pull it out with all the bikes right behind it and stuff packed around it.

I'll need to rethink things when we eventually pick up a third play car.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
That's why 3 car garage was a non-negotiable must with this house. I need an entire bay for tools, SUP boards, storage, etc....and still be able to park and drive 2 cars. When we still had the Miata, I was able to get it in the third bay, but would be a pain to pull it out with all the bikes right behind it and stuff packed around it.

I'll need to rethink things when we eventually pick up a third play car.
Oh, totally. three car was no where to be found in my house budget around here, unfortunately. this is a small two-car. put a small suv in there and WOW you run out of space quick

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Did you decide on keeping vs selling that thing yet? I vote keep. The convertible life beckons...
the 350z is a total hoot but nah we are selling it and i will eventually get either a mk5 gti, mk6 gti, mk6 r, audi tt or b5 s4. haha

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1664808704605.png

also forgot something with a vr6 is also on the table.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mk1 GTI with European interior, bumpers and headlights, with a built 1.8t swap. Do it.

Reactions: WAP

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
is this the euro interior?
a 1 or 2 would be alot of fun and have always wanted to have one (with a built engine of some sort) but its not really a dailiable deal
1664809457373.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
also what any clean/even clean-ISH mk1/mk2 goes for $. Woof!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
is this the euro interior?
a 1 or 2 would be alot of fun and have always wanted to have one (with a built engine of some sort) but its not really a dailiable deal
View attachment 262135
Yep, we got blue or red velour with orange strips in the US. Just awful. And if they got wet, they bled onto your clothes. I made the mistake of leaving my sunroof open to run up and pick up a date, quick rain shower ensued, she was wearing white pants. She was big mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.