GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cruise Control not working after OB11 sesh

Giddyd

Hey guys, went on a ob11 coding marathon and broke my cruise control. Regular cruise control not ACC. This is on a NA 2019 gti se Anyone know which module controls it or where i buggered it up? Getting a little orange exclamation point above the usual icon

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_175448.jpg
    IMG_20200516_175448.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think OBDeleven tracks changes... assuming you don't have coding backups but look through the historical long coding in the app.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Hey guys, went on a ob11 coding marathon and broke my cruise control. Regular cruise control not ACC. This is on a NA 2019 gti se Anyone know which module controls it or where i buggered it up? Getting a little orange exclamation point above the usual icon
You may have adjusted the Increased Engine Performance function. Turn it back to default and see if that works. I think there is a default setting and an Audi setting.

Attachments

• 27635124-0CFB-400B-8761-615F2293B19E.jpeg
    27635124-0CFB-400B-8761-615F2293B19E.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 366

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That's one thing that makes me leary of the OBDeleven apps. Do the apps tell you everything they are going to change or do you have to review backups to figure it out? Some of the coding changed between different years and I don't know if OBDeleven has a way to account for that.

I stopped using my OBDeleven after it somehow added a Radio Module 56 that I could never get rid of. Infotainment on our cars is the 5F module which I still had. I checked my Gateway installation list, even re-registered modules and it always showed up. Didn't go away until I had the my gateway replaced with a highline (not for that issue, but it was a nice suprise). OBDeleven remains in the 3d printed glovebox holder I bought from Southpawboston here on the forums. I would take it out but I lost the piece that used to go there, haha.

Giddyd

That's one thing that makes me leary of the OBDeleven apps. Do the apps tell you everything they are going to change or do you have to review backups to figure it out? Some of the coding changed between different years and I don't know if OBDeleven has a way to account for that.

I stopped using my OBDeleven after it somehow added a Radio Module 56 that I could never get rid of. Infotainment on our cars is the 5F module which I still had. I checked my Gateway installation list, even re-registered modules and it always showed up. Didn't go away until I had the my gateway replaced with a highline (not for that issue, but it was a nice suprise). OBDeleven remains in the 3d printed glovebox holder I bought from Southpawboston here on the forums. I would take it out but I lost the piece that used to go there, haha.

The apps don't show you the coding they change. I suppose that's why everyone says to do the long coding yourself.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT

It's even worse than that, in your history all it shows is the fact that you used the app. You can never see what was changed in long coding/adaptations. Overall I think it's a good enough tool (OBDeleven) but I never use the apps. That way if you screw everything up, at least you know what you did 😄