GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crossover got jacked. Ideas for a new one.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Looked at it originally when we were getting the GLC - it was ok, but she didn't love the exterior styling. I think the Model Y will be the winner here.
It is very aggressive looking, especially for an SUV.

The Model Y isn't a bad choice, just know that road trips with the dog will take much longer than they otherwise would. My partner and I like driving out somewhere and going hiking with the dog so electric was out of the question for us, but I don't know if that's important to you.

One more idea, though it's right at the tippy top of the price range, Jaguar F Pace SVR. 550 irritated British horses in Jaguar's always brilliant design language. Or to save some cash the F Pace R has 400 HP and is less aggressive looking. I understand it's a Jag so the question isn't will it fail, the question is what will fail first, but being a lease that shouldn't be a concern.

1644245256704.png

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I drove that car for two weeks in France - it was a colossal piece of shit.
oh damn that's unfortunate. I know they cooked the books in that video but I was kind of impressed.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
If she wants fast and doesn't care about if it stays bolted together properly, hard to argue with the TMYP. Since you need it soon, not worth trying to wait for the electric Macan. The SQ5 sucks, stay away from that thing.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Drove the Model Y today - wow. That thing is serious in all aspects. Order placed.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Another GTI bites the dust. Tell us about the model Y.

GTI is staying, Jim. The Model Y is replacing a stolen Mercedes.

Unless he got that EV bug and is going to sell his parts and trade the GTI in for a Model 3...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
GTI is staying, Jim. The Model Y is replacing a stolen Mercedes.

Unless he got that EV bug and is going to sell his parts and trade the GTI in for a Model 3...
You are correct. GTI is staying and will be - unless that thrust bearing goes - god I hate that fucking thread, I shiver every time I turn my car on for the past three days. And even then, I'll do something stupid and do a turbo R30 swap. I just got the hybrid, multiple pumps, mounts etc... Plan is to keep the GTI another three years and then get a MK7.5 in cornflower blue, like a 2021, or an R and transfer parts over in 2025. Since there will be an electric in the fam, one is more than enough.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Plot twist.

GOVT of Canada is allowing 55K of value of the electric vehicle to be written off 100% tax free if purchased through a corp - the remainder gets deducted at the much reduced corp rate. Huge incentive to buy and not lease as Tesla does not allow lease buy backs. All things considered - at that write-off rate, you may actually profit if you sell the car a few years later.