GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crash test of the New MK7 GTi

VDubber1

Ready to race!
I have this on mine ?...hopefully I will never need it [emoji21]

Watch the official City Braking advert....its quite funny!

Volkswagen Golf (City-Emergency Brake) - Getaway: http://youtu.be/vf006OJGG2M

Sent from my HTC One

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Doesn't look like it ?
I also opted for the additional rear side airbags and seatbelt warning option...it was about £265...but I suppose you can't put a price on your kids safety [emoji603]

Sent from my HTC One

jeffkro

Go Kart Champion
Wonder how the foot area coped.. That wheel appears to sink into the car.

They gave it a top pick so there really isn't anything better in the class. Basically most of the newly redesigned cars are doing well and older designs are failing because its a new test. Its kind of unfair to the manufacturers but there you go.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
If only they had emergency city braking or adaptive cruise control on the other side of the pond? :eek:

I expect VW declined to put it on because of US legal system. Lawyers would have a field day if emergency city braking didn't prevent a smash. In crazy law suite land if one person successfully sued VW then anybody else in a similar accident would get paid out as well.

Wonder how the foot area coped.. That wheel appears to sink into the car.

Many people have complained about the accelerator being hinged from the top rather than the floor, (what different it makes is beyond me!) In a front end smash the peddles swing up out of the way thus prevent damage to the feet.