GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crank walk / class action (we need to get together)

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Mike Jones?

Hotsky

Ready to race!
Tuning cars is like steroids, eventually something is going to go wrong and life expectancy is guaranteed to go down. Facts, but not what people what to hear.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The ghost of Tom Joad?

That's a damn good song by RATM.

Tuning cars is like steroids, eventually something is going to go wrong and life expectancy is guaranteed to go down. Facts, but not what people what to hear.

That's not entirely true. There are good steroids and bad ones so it depends on what you use and for how long.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's a damn good song by RATM.

That's not entirely true. There are good steroids and bad ones so it depends on what you use and for how long.

You got any good steroids for me?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Lol good steroids. Some are just worse then others. (I follow fitness and bodybuilding dont take any muself)

Not sure why you think that's funny. There are steroids used in the medical field to fight off certain illnesses and they also give males with low T injections of Testosterone. So yes, there are good steroids out there, you just need to educate yourself on them.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not sure why you think that's funny. There are steroids used in the medical field to fight off certain illnesses and they also give males with low T injections of Testosterone. So yes, there are good steroids out there, you just need to educate yourself on them.

I think the point is that they still have significant risks, even when used appropriately.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think the point is that they still have significant risks, even when used appropriately.

That and I think the public when they hear the word steroids associate it with bodybuilders and athletes who cheat. Just a general lack of knowledge.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Pretty much everything does. Even Aspirin has risks when used too much. Look at all the painkillers. People OD on them all the time because they have addictive personalities and abuse the meds which has caused this opioid epidemic. I've been on painkillers and other meds for years because of my injuries from my deployments but I don't abuse them.

That and I think the public when they hear the word steroids associate it with bodybuilders and athletes who cheat. Just a general lack of knowledge.

Yep, exactly but those heavyweight bodybuilders abuse the shit out of steroids in order to get that big and when they are all done with competing, their joints and back are pretty much destroyed. Look up Ronnie Coleman because he's a perfect example of what that stuff has done to him.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Pretty much everything does. Even Aspirin has risks when used too much. Look at all the painkillers. People OD on them all the time because they have addictive personalities and abuse the meds which has caused this opioid epidemic. I've been on painkillers and other meds for years because of my injuries from my deployments but I don't abuse them.

Yep, exactly but those heavyweight bodybuilders abuse the shit out of steroids in order to get that big and when they are all done with competing, their joints and back are pretty much destroyed. Look up Ronnie Coleman because he's a perfect example of what that stuff has done to him.

:rolleyes: The risks from Aspirin and Steroids are orders of magnitude different. As far as Opioids go, the major driver of the epidemic was the prescribing guidelines promoted by the manufactures. It's ok not to know these things or understand them, it's not ok to pass off your unsupported opinions as facts.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Pretty sure you could put that gif on any thread on this forum. Hell, Navi's TCP20 thread derailed into talking about mechanical keyboards at one point...