GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crank pulley wobble... normal? Weird noise/rubbing. Help appreciated.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
This car is gonna be a beast. Probably the most built non shop car we have on here. So cool man, wish I had that kind of $$! Vids, vids vids I wanna see your speedo do a 60-130 compared to the boss600

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Definitely appreciate all of the kind words! This community has always been so helpful to me, I wouldn’t be doing any of this if it weren’t for everyone here and on the big FB page.

I did not mess with it tonight. Decided to take the wife to dinner since I have been ignoring her lately [emoji51][emoji28] Certainly doesn’t hurt to give the lower cover RTV sealant anther night to set.

Tomorrow it is! Ideally I’ll be able to get my first logs out to my tuner and the fun will begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dikov

Car(s)
VW CC
Definitely appreciate all of the kind words! This community has always been so helpful to me, I wouldn’t be doing any of this if it weren’t for everyone here and on the big FB page.

I did not mess with it tonight. Decided to take the wife to dinner since I have been ignoring her lately [emoji51][emoji28] Certainly doesn’t hurt to give the lower cover RTV sealant anther night to set.

Tomorrow it is! Ideally I’ll be able to get my first logs out to my tuner and the fun will begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your very detailed description has helped me to diagnose a fault I did last week upon the timing chain change. Great job!

Few questions are open to me:
- If to go with non-VW sprocket what are best choices in terms of costs/reliability?
- Can I tight the last 90 degree of the crankshaft bolt with an impact driver rather then with a wrench + the special pulley-fixing tool?

Thank all in advance!