GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cracked Spark plug - booooo

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
Saturday at the track I started getting some crazy misfiring on my 3rd set of runs. Got EPC and went limp almost immediately. Pulled some codes that lead me to check cylinder one (crankshaft, camshaft sensor errors, spark issues). Boom cylinder 1 this comes out. 9ABE2D84-BBC7-4E0D-B5C6-9D1FEA3CC6D2.jpeg
Cracked porcelain on my plugs. Yes RS7 plugs. Has this happened to anyone before and did you ever find a cause? Long story short I fixed it that night but the SHIT part was the shops didn’t have them local to the track so lost half my day to the little f’er!! Replaced all plugs, car pulls perfectly again. No lights or codes.

Woof

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
49A1A537-D901-496E-BB6B-8F34A5153D6E.jpeg

Had this happen once. Was on a 2007 Mini Cooper S. Engine ran awful with no CEL’s. Pulled the plugs and the insulator at the tip broke off and was rattling around. It was a newer plug too.

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
Oh hey, I was the guy helping you pull the stubborn coil packs. Glad to hear the issue didn't have any long term effects.
Hey dude! Thanks for your help - got home and local shop had them. Replaced and all is well. You heading out soon? I’m waitlisted for Thompson on the 26th and will be at Palmer July 10

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
UPDATE: It happened again in the same cylinder. Nobody has been able to tell me why this is happening and people are baffled at why the porcelain is cracking. Car is now at 102k mi so time to change the coil pack and see if that helps. Anyone else see this along their journeys?

Attachments

• 18CE4061-730B-41C4-BFD5-6CABFD83B906.jpeg
    18CE4061-730B-41C4-BFD5-6CABFD83B906.jpeg
    974.3 KB · Views: 65