GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cracked Headlight - MK7.5 GTI USD

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Hello everyone, posted a while back regarding what I thought were stress fractures in my driver’s side headlight housing. Apparently there is a crack near the grill of the headlight that allowed condensation in. Dealer can replace, naturally, at a price of $950 or so plus the installation bringing the total to $1,100 or so. Naturally I told them to document it and I’ll think about it, nice way of saying no thanks. What would you do if this was your situation? I think my problem is the fact that it had the upgraded lighting and aftermarket units are hard to find? All I would need is a housing and if I could go aftermarket, I’d just get (2) and apply some type of PPE as a protective measure. Thanks in advance and any links or products would be more than welcomed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Two aftermarket headlights could cost as much as getting the OEM one replaced.
And the aftermarket ones could involve coding and possible wiring problems. If your insurance deductible isn't too high is that a claim you could make with your insurance?

SaucyMuffin

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting, never thought of that, thank you for the info. I’ve been checking eBay motors as well for decent lights. It’s hard to justify this price for the value of the car, no offense to it.