GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CPO question

GTI-G

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all. A dealer in PA near me has a 2019 Golf R with 12k miles for $40,500. Is that price high? Car seems in good condition. All stock. One owner. Thanks.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Hello all. A dealer in PA near me has a 2019 Golf R with 12k miles for $40,500. Is that price high? Car seems in good condition. All stock. One owner. Thanks.
Definitely too high but since last year, used car prices have bubbled. Plus, dealers think the R is worthy of being marked up to hell. So there’s that too

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Definitely too high but since last year, used car prices have bubbled. Plus, dealers think the R is worthy of being marked up to hell. So there’s that too
One of the reasons also is that there is no R this year so they are scarce.

GTI-G

Passed Driver's Ed

Yeah. Might try and haggle them down a couple thousand or ask for more for my trade in.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah. Might try and haggle them down a couple thousand or ask for more for my trade in.
I’d start negotiations with both. Get more for the trade in and get that r’s price down to nada’s number. They’re probably not going to want to bring the r price down. But u can try.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I think a lot of dealers know your have researched the purchase before you walk in and will try to tell you that’s the lowest price they can offer. Just be prepared to walk out. They usually will make a deal if they can when they see youre willing to walk away.