GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cpo car with 5 months on the tires bubble up

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sure it's worth it. Those are good tires and why should you spend money on something when you don't need to?

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Unless it’s covered under a road hazard warranty of some sort, it’s on you since that looks like it’s from hitting a pit hole or something
It sucks because it's both fronts :/ no idea wtf happened

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The OEM tires (from the factory) are typically not included under any (tire) manufacturer warranty.

If they just replaced them though when you bought it, that’s a different story though.
Check with the dealer and manufacturer, as already recommended

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The OEM tires (from the factory) are typically not included under any (tire) manufacturer warranty.

If they just replaced them though when you bought it, that’s a different story though.
Check with the dealer and manufacturer, as already recommended
They're not OEM tires. He bought the car as a CPO.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'll buy new ones if the I know that this is just bad luck vs fragile branded wheels lol. I'm in upstate NY and potholes can happen but man really?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I looked up Pirelli Zero Nero GT.

They're max performance summer tires.

If you've had these tires on the car the whole time don't even waste your time with the warranty unless you're willing to fib about driving on summer tires from January til now. There's zero chance the warranty will be honored on tires driven out of season.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have winter tires..

I had them swapped off like a week after buying the car then swapped back in like march I think?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I dunno if the GTs are any better, but pzero neros were always a pretty junk tire.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
20 or 23 week of 2019 so pirelli wont be helping me here

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Thats what i keep hearing
They put them on the mk6's a lot (but not the GTs) and people always had complaints about them bubbling or cupping. I replaced mine with some michelins and it made me realize how loud the pzeros were too.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
They put them on the mk6's a lot (but not the GTs) and people always had complaints about them bubbling or cupping. I replaced mine with some michelins and it made me realize how loud the pzeros were too.
OK so should i modify the tire size and get a different brand? I was told that these are low profile so high risk apparently IDK.