GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Couple random videos

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Just curious, why not a 93 octane tune? I know you're in NY and it's everywhere, I recognize some of those roads ;). Nice vids either way.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Two updated videos of running the CTR and the STI. THe CTR has the same mods as the last time I ran him. The STI has more fueling mods done, is on e85 and has an air oil separator. Not sure how important those are for power but my understanding is that STI and Nissan GTR need them to keep power consistent during pulls???

CTR

STI

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
"He must be on race gas."

Lol those CTRs are so slow for the money its hard not to pity. STI seemed to move well in the midrange, but I'm glad you came back up top!

Navi

Autocross Champion
"He must be on race gas."

Lol those CTRs are so slow for the money its hard not to pity. STI seemed to move well in the midrange, but I'm glad you came back up top!

LOL. I'm on 93 pump. CTR is on E30 with just intake and downpipe. I can imagine if I was on E30. The gearing in the manual GTI is so long that it makes it hard to roll race an STI but ended up catching him once the turbo spooled up.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
LOL. I'm on 93 pump. CTR is on E30 with just intake and downpipe. I can imagine if I was on E30. The gearing in the manual GTI is so long that it makes it hard to roll race an STI but ended up catching him once the turbo spooled up.

Gti manual gearing is perfect for roll racing, all you have to do is brake boost in 3rd, hit 4th and you’re gone.

3rd gear covers from 45~50mph to about 100mph. The STI would probably shift three times in that span.

Nice kills, but had you brake boosted even a little the CTR & STI would’ve got gapped big time

Navi

Autocross Champion
yeah I know.. but I don't like to brake boost. Put's a lot of strain on the turbo shaft, and internals of the motor. The people that whisper in your ear that it's safe are the same people that say burble tunes are safe 😂 (not talking about you.. i know you didn't say they are safe @GTI Jake ) Also, GTI is great for roll racing bc of how long the gears are, but I'm saying with the CTR and STI, it's hard to roll race them because of their short gearing. That's why you always see people arguing in videos about what speed to go from. We did multiple runs from 20, 30, 40 and 50. Either I'm not in boost, are they aren't in boost or etc etc. The best speed that worked was 40. I have a little lag but not much where it matters.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
ccabe02a228608c1ac7b55d2d3a2ef30.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Long gearing in the GTI...HA!
Try the TSI. 2nd good for 75 and 3rd good for about 125. 4th is probably good for ludicrous speed

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The only thing brake boosting is hard on is the brakes, but I fully understand you don’t want to abuse your car and respect that.

Basically all you’re doing is faking a load on everything, like going up hill. Even a few psi makes a big difference in roll race results vs being in vacuum, especially amplified by the drive by wire lag. If I had to guesstimate I’d say 2-3 car lengths difference off the start.

Now rolling anti lag, yeah that would be hard on the turbo and engine internals