GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Couple random videos

Navi

Autocross Champion
The only thing brake boosting is hard on is the brakes, but I fully understand you don’t want to abuse your car and respect that.

This is not true. I've spoke with a couple car engine builders, tuners and turbo manufacturers (HKS turbo). They have all said the same thing. It is not great for the turbo or engine. Obviously the brakes also. It's not faking load, it's creating load against resistance.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The only thing brake boosting is hard on is the brakes, but I fully understand you don’t want to abuse your car and respect that.

Basically all you’re doing is faking a load on everything, like going up hill. Even a few psi makes a big difference in roll race results vs being in vacuum, especially amplified by the drive by wire lag. If I had to guesstimate I’d say 2-3 car lengths difference off the start.

Now rolling anti lag, yeah that would be hard on the turbo and engine internals

What about flat foot shifting? I just don't see how that is safe for the transmission

Navi

Autocross Champion
here's a short clip from a cruise I was on with my friends. Just some nice exhaust noises for the boys.

STI is highly modified, 1000hp car. RX7 is 3 rotor motor with 450hp.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This is not true. I've spoke with a couple car engine builders, tuners and turbo manufacturers (HKS turbo). They have all said the same thing. It is not great for the turbo or engine. Obviously the brakes also. It's not faking load, it's creating load against resistance.

Poor word choice on my part, like I said to each their own. Just saying it’s not true isn’t accurate at all, it depends completely on what extent you do it to. You’re a doctor that’s like someone asking if they can drink and your answer being it’ll kill you.

90,100 miles on my car and the only issue so far was the windshield washer pump died. Tuned and occasionally brake boosting since new

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What about flat foot shifting? I just don't see how that is safe for the transmission

It’s safe till you miss a shift. Look up the dude who flat foot money shifted an R at Atco lol it literally broke the transmission & block.

Obviously no lift shifting is a gamble, I haven’t done it since installing my twin disk as it’s a little too slow to engage/disengage to pull it off. With that said doing it in my Cummins with a insanely long shifter throw wasn’t an issue although it ate driveline parts by nature being 1100 ft lbs of torque.

It ate an input shaft and bearings, ripped all of the pucks off a ceramic single disk, and broke a few drive shafts, but it was also quicker than most mk7s and a toy not a daily driver

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
here's a short clip from a cruise I was on with my friends. Just some nice exhaust noises for the boys.

STI is highly modified, 1000hp car. RX7 is 3 rotor motor with 450hp.
reminds me of when I picked up my jb4 year or 2 ago and a guy in a red rx7 with loud exhaust looked at me, then was gone. Sounded real nice like that.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Quick runs from last night. STI and GTR. STI is 800hp low boost, 1000 high boost. Ran the GTR on low boost setting. GTR is full bolt on e85. My car is too slow to be the camera car lol.. Two runs with 2 different video views for each run.

edit: video is fucked up.. fixing - - - - - - - FIXED:

Last edited: