GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COTA Lap Times / Videos / Etc

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finally got around to downloading my COTA HPDE videos. Keep in mind I am just using my cell phone with built in GPS. Once I get comfortable with this, might get an external GPS or a Garmin Catalyst.

This was my best lap. I had slowed down to get out of traffic because I got tired of being held up (Sure I was holding up some people as well). Finally managed a personal best of 2:42.9.

Post your videos and times in this thread..

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Got another one this saturday and a night one in June. That should be interesting

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
sweet!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
From May 21st. This was my last session after having a scare with loose lug bolts. I was an idiot and forgot to check after first session, so was getting a weird noise when turning, so took it slow 1st lap, pitted and sure enough, driver front 3 lug bolts were almost completely loose. Torqued down and went out behind this Cayman and Corvette. Corvette bowed out, but spent the rest of the session chasing this Cobb Tuned Cayman. Probably the most fun I've had on track. Unfortunately was getting Limp Mode on Turn 1 if I braked, turned and accelerated too hard, so was taking it easy there, which I'm sure pissed of the people behind me.

I was about 3 seconds behind my pace in March which I atrribute to 100° weather and Turn 1 issues. Back straight, only hit 135 whereas before was hitting 139. In December, was hitting 143.

Oh well, here it is.

PicositoGTi

Go Kart Champion
Finally got around to downloading my COTA HPDE videos. Keep in mind I am just using my cell phone with built in GPS. Once I get comfortable with this, might get an external GPS or a Garmin Catalyst.

This was my best lap. I had slowed down to get out of traffic because I got tired of being held up (Sure I was holding up some people as well). Finally managed a personal best of 2:42.9.

Post your videos and times in this thread..
I wonder what my car would hit on that long straightaway? Maybe 150?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I wonder what my car would hit on that long straightaway? Maybe 150?

Probably. I'm only at about 330hp wheel. At 80°, probably closer to 320. If you're at 400, 150 should be easy.

In Dec at 70° (maybe cooler, don't remember exactly) , i was hitting 145. This time at 80, was hitting about 140. In May when it was 100°, could only hit 136.

PicositoGTi

Go Kart Champion
Probably. I'm only at about 330hp wheel. At 100°, probably closer to 310. If you're at 400, 150 should be easy.

In Dec at 70° (maybe cooler, don't remember exactly) , i was hitting 145. This time at 100, was only hitting about 135.
That's pretty crazy to think my car could do 150mph on that straightaway. THAT'S NUTS! LOL

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
That's pretty crazy to think my car could do 150mph on that straightaway. THAT'S NUTS! LOL
You should sign up for the next one in September.

The one in July at night is only for Solo Certified drivers, so novices can't go.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Best Daytime Lap - 2:45 - Still getting used to the Carbotech XP12, but much better than last track day. You can see i completely mess up turn 11 with braking too hard, losing traction and almost missing the corner. Then to make up, i slow down and brake way too soon for turn 12. Still 3 seconds off December time. Chalk it up to boost weather.

Best Nighttime Lap - 2:46 - Very nerve wracking but managed only 1 second slower than daytime lap. Not the best footage, but you really see what I saw. I think I saw even less in person.

Finally saw another MK7 at COTA

No one will pass

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Some pics from last event

Glowing rotors
2022-07-15_EA_COTA_PF_12746.jpg

Tower view
2022-07-15_EA_COTA_PF_11813.jpg

Leading the pack (not the mustang though)
View attachment 2022-07-15_EA_COTA_JD_8629.jpg