;)

Mud

tigeo

Autocross Champion

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S DSG PP
Another piece of trivia about Costco - they change their tank filters OFTEN and used to brag about it. 2 things happen - your gas pumps faster, and obviously having a clean, frequently-changed filter should do a better job keeping crap out of your tank. Ever fill up and get frustrated with a chronically-slow pump? That's the filter - way past due to be changed.
Yes, I've watched their employees timing the pumps. The bad side is that the quick fill (high flow rate) doesn't agree with my non-VW wagon, so it keeps shutting off before full, even on the lowest flow rate.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Plus they get multiple truckloads of fuel daily so it's always fresh.

If anything I think that’s what gives Costco fuel the biggest “edge”. With 10% ethanol in our fuel now how fresh it is plays a pretty big part in it's performance. When I buy fuel I usually try and buy as close to a highway/high traffic area as possible for that reason.

Elcheapo Loco

Ready to race!
Bought gas at Costco years ago and the car stalled twice on that particular tank of gas. I'll never trust Costco gas again. Besides, who wants to spend 10 minutes waiting in line for gas?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Because you never wait because right side filling....those sides if the island are always empty. Because their gas is great and cheap AF.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Because you never wait because right side filling....those sides if the island are always empty. Because their gas is great and cheap AF.

People are unfortunately getting smart about that at the Costco I go to. Used to be no waiting and the people with left side fillup were lined 3-4 cars deep waiting.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

Also - they've designed their islands to accommodate pulling in on either side. Hoses are long enough to reach across your car if you've gotten into the "wrong" (or faster) lane. Brilliant.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Also - they've designed their islands to accommodate pulling in on either side. Hoses are long enough to reach across your car if you've gotten into the "wrong" (or faster) lane. Brilliant.
Yep...science. Thing is most peeps don't know this so the lines on the left fill sides are long and the right side fill sides are empty most of the time. I never wait.