GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

correct seat airbag resistor

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
I'm trying to figure out which resistor to use for my seat airbags since my euro Recaros don't have airbags, I've tried 2.0ohm and 3.3ohm with no luck. I tried switching the wires on the plug and use a different ohm resistor on either seat without luck.....can anyone chime in please

118201945_10158806729343035_4576628303478970558_o.jpg

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
3.3 worked for me... you still have the seat position sensor plugged in also right? That will make the bag light go off as well.

I keep reading 2.2ohm ya everything is hooked up the only codes I get is drv/pass seat airbag resistance too high...does wattage matter on resistors?

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
I think I found the issue I wasn’t paying attention to the type of ohms and metal film have tighter tolerances

2.0M-ohm
3.3K-ohm
3.0M-ohm

6778B13C-4D1B-4928-A8ED-4E1D46F2BF25.jpeg

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Well after this post my bag light went off last night and it’s showing as the driver side resistance too high... they have been in for over a month.

Either 2.2 or 3.3 ohms is a low enough resistance that if your connection is less than ideal, the control unit might see a value high enough to put it out of range. Any way to monitor actual ohms ECU sees through VCDS or OBDeleven?

Adstarr

Car(s)
Mk 7 R
I'm trying to figure out which resistor to use for my seat airbags since my euro Recaros don't have airbags, I've tried 2.0ohm and 3.3ohm with no luck. I tried switching the wires on the plug and use a different ohm resistor on either seat without luck.....can anyone chime in please

View attachment 185691
Hi there

Thanks for all this amzing info, I’m currently installing a set of Sparco’s with race harness into my Mk 7 R.

I will buy the 2.2 Ohm resistor for the ABS light.

What did you do about the heated seats, seat position and occupancy sensors & seat belts ?

I know I can code out the seat belt warning with OBDELEVEN, just not sure about the others ??

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!
✊🏼

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Hi there

Thanks for all this amzing info, I’m currently installing a set of Sparco’s with race harness into my Mk 7 R.

I will buy the 2.2 Ohm resistor for the ABS light.

What did you do about the heated seats, seat position and occupancy sensors & seat belts ?

I know I can code out the seat belt warning with OBDELEVEN, just not sure about the others ??

Any advice greatly appreciated!!!
✊🏼
You want info from @StorableComa , he did the setup for my aftermarket seats and I've got no lights/[should] have full airbag functionality (not that I have any way to test, and hopefully never need to).

The solution we went with for my seats was to transfer the seat position sensor, passenger occupancy sensor and heating pad are the same part so I just have mine stuffed under the seat but I bought a new one to avoid taking apart my OEM seats. The seatbelt receivers do not need to be plugged into anything (in fact, I would just leave them unplugged) and just need to be bolted up to your bracket where applicable -- I'm not sure how Sparco handles this, but on my Corbeaus there's a bit that sticks up to bolt the receiver to, though I'm going to need to switch to a 2-door seatbelt receiver to have it sit correctly.

Hope that helps, there's some photos in the thread in my signature as well. There are a few other users who've done great writeups on their experience with aftermarket seats too, I can see if I can dig up some more info if you need.