GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cornflower Blue returns on the 2021 !

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh, absolutely. And I've never had a car with front lighting as good as the lighting package on the GTI, between the bixenon, swiveling headlights and cornering lamps.

The fog lights are purely an aesthetic preference for me (I'd code them at low intensity as DRLs). US regulations that force the low beams to be on with fog lights renders the fog lights pointless in, y'know, fog (though that could probably also be fixed with coding).

-Dave

Actually, using high beam in fog makes harder to see.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Stopped by Vic Bailey VW in Spartanburg, SC today to take a look at their newly-delivered Cornflower Blue 2021 GTI SE. The salesguy was chill and easy to talk to, a welcome surprise. The color was nice, even better that I thought. The wife gave it a thumbs up. It was heavily overcast today, so I might stop by again on a sunny day. They also had a Dark Iron Blue Metallic. It looked gray/black in the overcast, but a neat hint of blue shown through. It's going to be a tough color choice when the time comes. I wish that Night Blue Metallic was still offered to split the difference.

2020-12-17 001 VW GTI SE 2021 Cornflower Blue - for upload.jpg

2020-12-17 002 VW GTI SE 2021 Cornflower Blue - for upload.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Stopped by Vic Bailey VW in Spartanburg, SC today to take a look at their newly-delivered Cornflower Blue 2021 GTI SE. The salesguy was chill and easy to talk to, a welcome surprise. The color was nice, even better that I thought. The wife gave it a thumbs up. It was heavily overcast today, so I might stop by again on a sunny day. They also had a Dark Iron Blue Metallic. It looked gray/black in the overcast, but a neat hint of blue shown through. It's going to be a tough color choice when the time comes.

View attachment 196545
View attachment 196546

If you think there's a "tough color choice" between Cornflower Blue and Dark Iron Blue, I think something is wrong with your head.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It's going to be a tough color choice when the time comes. I wish that Night Blue Metallic was still offered to split the difference.

While things like car colors are a matter of personal taste, I owned a Night Blue GTI and thought it was super boring, and showed dirt like a black car. It’s such a dark blue it takes a clean car on a bright sunny day for the metallic to show through... and then, yeah, it looks good. But in every other circumstance it’s bland, and frankly no different than any other dark/navy blue metallic.

Cornflower blue is cool, but have you ever seen Dark Iron Blue with Bronze Wheels? That’s my style.

Attachments

• 762FD833-AEBB-4CB5-A2BD-E9645F4AE8E6.png
    762FD833-AEBB-4CB5-A2BD-E9645F4AE8E6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 271
  • 12B2D8CC-B234-4FBC-B47F-28B2B591EB80.png
    12B2D8CC-B234-4FBC-B47F-28B2B591EB80.png
    589.9 KB · Views: 224

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
While things like car colors are a matter of personal taste, I owned a Night Blue GTI and thought it was super boring, and showed dirt like a black car. It’s such a dark blue it takes a clean car on a bright sunny day for the metallic to show through... and then, yeah, it looks good. But in every other circumstance it’s bland, and frankly no different than any other dark/navy blue metallic.

Cornflower blue is cool, but have you ever seen Dark Iron Blue with Bronze Wheels? That’s my style.

I almost got a gti in 2018 with the refresh, color I was interested in then was the dark iron blue because it was new. I think I just got bored looking at it over time and changed my mind. I think it’s a color you would get bored with pretty fast especially when it’s dusty

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I almost got a gti in 2018 with the refresh, color I was interested in then was the dark iron blue because it was new. I think I just got bored looking at it over time and changed my mind. I think it’s a color you would get bored with pretty fast especially when it’s dusty

Dark Iron Blue? Doesn’t really show dirt. It’s a bluish gray. Pretty ideal color for not showing dirt.

If they offered the Alltrack in that color it’s the only color I would’ve considered besides Great Falls Green. I’ve got bronze wheels for that too :)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was close to buying CFB, but at the last minute went with a white rabbit edition for silly nostalgic reasons. The white, black, with red accents reminded me of my mk1 GTI days and the CFB reminded me how quickly I got tired of my green mk2 GTI. I'm a sucker for classic color combos.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
Dark Iron Blue? Doesn’t really show dirt. It’s a bluish gray. Pretty ideal color for not showing dirt.

If they offered the Alltrack in that color it’s the only color I would’ve considered besides Great Falls Green. I’ve got bronze wheels for that too :)

yea, it just gets more dull looking. I really noticed it with the carbon steel metallic. The car is basically the color of dust, lol

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
yea, it just gets more dull looking. I really noticed it with the carbon steel metallic. The car is basically the color of dust, lol

I haven’t been exposed to it enough to say, but from afar / the internet, it’s grown on me. I didn’t always love it. But those pics I posted make my pants tight

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
If you think there's a "tough color choice" between Cornflower Blue and Dark Iron Blue, I think something is wrong with your head.

That would be me. 🤪 Maybe a spinner wheel with all available 2021 SE colors is the solution.