GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Corbeau RRX Plaid Seats

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Saw these have released recently, and they look quite good! Saw only one other forum member post pictures of them installed. Was wondering if anyone else has bit the bullet and would be willing to share your experience and pics. Expected to see many more to have bought these up and installed them. TIA.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
A buddy of mine, another car guy, told me that corbeaus in general don't wear that well over time. Apart from that I probably would have ordered these already. That's not to say it's true, but that's the only thing I've been told about the brand by someone who's actually had a set

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
A buddy of mine, another car guy, told me that corbeaus in general don't wear that well over time. Apart from that I probably would have ordered these already. That's not to say it's true, but that's the only thing I've been told about the brand by someone who's actually had a set
I had a pair of FX1 Corbeau seats in my previous BRZ. They were awesome and very high quality. I ran them for probably 2 years daily driving and had almost no wear at all.

Highly recommend to anyone looking for well made bucket seats.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I had a pair of FX1 Corbeau seats in my previous BRZ. They were awesome and very high quality. I ran them for probably 2 years daily driving and had almost no wear at all.

Highly recommend to anyone looking for well made bucket seats.
well that's excellent news, because those seats look awesome. so we're 1 and 1 now, anyone else?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I’d be surprised if they weren’t WORTH the price tag. That’s a specialized industry, you don’t really get anywhere making crap

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’d be surprised if they weren’t WORTH the price tag. That’s a specialized industry, you don’t really get anywhere making crap

The price tag is actually hella cheap. Under $900 for the seats, under $1,200 if you want them heated, for the pair. Recaros will run that much just for a single seat.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Thanks for all the replies. I've known of corbeau for awhile and never heard anything bad about their quality across many different makes from japanese to american. I dont have first hand experience, But I am confident they are definitely more quality than the sub $1000 price tag might usually indicate. As far as safety, I'm not sure how much a lack of a seat airbag will decrease survival/injury rate and/or by how much. Something I will look into.

UwU_demon

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but Ive been looking at these seats because of the plaid, and I am wondering.. Do they recline forward like the 2 door seats do, or do they only recline back? basicly, how easy is it to access the rear seats and how much space is in the back when you fully recline them forward. if they can recline forward. Thanks guys