GOLFMKV

Coolant Leaking Update

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Hey guys!

Car: Vw golf 2017 1.8t

Would you bloody believe this or is the dealership ongoing scamming me? Within same year of 2020 less than 4 months since last change of my thermostat housing thing it was replaced again today due to COOLANT escaping miraculously like the f***?

I had a half empty coolant bowl like how is this sht an ongoing issue?

How many times do I have to replace this crap a year?

Any ideas why this is happening?

Glad I still have garbage factory warranty until 80k I am at 75.5k now.

Please tell me why this is a reoccurring problem!!

Is it just my car uncureable cancer or is dealership replacing it with used sht to make it fail on purpose every time so i come back every 3 months??

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Leaking thermostat housings is a well known flaw with all mk7 Golfs and engines variants, so no surprise there. I would say change the dealership, obviously they are not doing something right if it starts leaking again 4 months after replacement...it could be as simple as improper gasket installation or insufficient torque during assembly...who knows, try a different shop if possible.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Try different shop for sure, as mentioned above sounds like whoever is installing new housing possibly didn't clean off any old residue from the last one. I think the parts are still warrantied for a certain time after installation even if the vehicle warranty goes out.

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
Well it turned out wasnt my housing it was elbow hose connector from coolant bowl that was screwed and cracked

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
The 'bowl' is supposed to be half empty, the max fill line is around the middle of the tank.
I meant like half empty way below those specified lines like bottom of bowl but they figured it my hose elbow connector was cracked to how 90% of it leaked out to wherever it went

Mk7GolfDisease

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8T TSI
@ReadTheBook because he has had a similar scenario. See the thread where we are documenting them here:

Failed Thermostat Housing/Coolant Loss Info Gathering | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

I had a thermostat and water pump replaced a little over a year ago, but has since stopped leaking. Only time will tell how long it lasts.
Yeah apparently they were wrong they found initial problem it was the elbow connector hose to coolant was cracked to how my coolant got wiped

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
The middle of the reservoir is the minimum line.
The max line is near the top of the reservoir.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No, it is not. Unless we have different reservoirs, mine is like the picture above as well

Correct. I should have said the max line is closer to the top. The middle is closer to halfway between the max and min lines.