GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Convert a High Pro MIB2 (Harman) to a MIB2.5 (Harman) and read a 9.2 inch screen!

Matthewstage

@simaservis1108 thanks a lot for your help! i really appreciate it!
The problem is the mib is not sending any image to the screen(5.8" old one because the 8" i bought is faulty because flooded...)
I dont know if this is normal....
the technic with im working say this it isnt normal... at least the screen should light up (lines or half screen...something...but nothing appears...)
i have a 1.6 tdi golf 7 from 2013 with mib1 and 5,8" screen
i bought usb and gps antenna from aliexpress but i didnt install yet until the unit and the screen works in min conditions (with cp on and just radio)
and yes i know im able to install digital dashboard with this unit but i dont have the intention yet...i just bought this one because it was supposed to be a nice oportunity to updgrade and get the carplay and all the stuff...
but at this time i dont have nothing...just a paper holder....
do you think i have to preconfig/adapt to my car configuration before it lights up on the screen? the unit is working because get warm,the optic blinks and it communicate via canbus to vcds vagcom and odis...
Really dont know what to do at this point...

i have this screen by default and the discover media mib 1 without nav

Matthewstage

@simaservis1108 they said it should works with any screen....
the rights ones that works properly they said could be 8" and 9,2" but with the others (5,8" , 6,5",..) it should light up also...bad resolution or maybe lines but at least it should light up...
are you sure that im only able to use/try this unit with 9,2" screen?
i dont want to buy a 9,2" screen if the mib2.5 is faulty...
i just want to be sure the mib2.5 is correct but if i cant test it with 5.8"....

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Did you take a look at my profile signature?

The only right info,you will get here,from me.
I have experience with 400+ various MIB units.
I do repairs,retrofits,coding and programmings of those unit and I can say that I basically know everything there is to know about them.

Matthewstage

Yes @simaservis1108 i didnt pretend to offend you..sorry
its just because i speak with also a technic that do that stuff of cp,etc and he said he was able to try a modern mib like mib 2 in mib 1 screens...
maybe with the mib2.5 this is not possible and you cand only check if the mib is ok with right screen in this case 5g6919606 of 9,2"
i thought the mib2.5 also works with the 8" 5g6919605 because of that....
so do you think if i buy a 9,2" with the screenshot of errors that i sent you of my mib2.5 i could make it work?
Thanks for all really....

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Just buy the screen and I will do all the coding.
Also get USB port from the car.