GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Continental vs Bosch Injectors

sleepermk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GtTI
So my cxcb blew recently and I was able to pick up a low mileage dkfa.

As you know the DKFA(2019+) injectors are continental and my CXCB had Bosch.

My car(2017 gti) will be fitted with the DKFA with all my old sourced parts(MPI, LPFP, GT2260s turbo, etc.) from the other engine.

My tuner says continental injectors flow differently and are trash and have problems with e85. He recommends I go back with Bosch.

This engine only has 1k miles and is it worth swapping them out this early? If anyone has done the injector swap can you help me with the right part number.

Thanks.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Golf R injectors? Did they fit with the dust caps. I don’t want to spend $400 on a revision but I guess I’ll have to.
Yep, no fitment issues.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

My car(2017 gti) will be fitted with the DKFA with all my old sourced parts(MPI, LPFP, GT2260s turbo, etc.) from the other engine.

My tuner says continental injectors flow differently and are trash and have problems with e85. He recommends I go back with Bosch.

This engine only has 1k miles and is it worth swapping them out this early? If anyone has done the injector swap can you help me with the right part number.

Thanks.
The Bosch injectors part number is 06L906036AH and then you will need the injector o-ring kit which is part number 06J998907D. I bought those from FCP Euro.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Golf R injectors? Did they fit with the dust caps. I don’t want to spend $400 on a revision but I guess I’ll have to.
The teflon seals are not going to blow right away, I got 60k km on mine running E30+ from 10k. When the seals are fully shot it is easy to hear, I never got to the point of misfire codes that some do.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The teflon seals are not going to blow right away, I got 60k km on mine running E30+ from 10k. When the seals are fully shot it is easy to hear, I never got to the point of misfire codes that some do.
I’m at 45k miles and been on e30 from 10 to 25k and 25 to 45k it’s been e50… I’m thinking it’s a safe time to for sure switch out these 2019 injectors then. Which ones were you able to use in your 19+ ?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
I’m at 45k miles and been on e30 from 10 to 25k and 25 to 45k it’s been e50… I’m thinking it’s a safe time to for sure switch out these 2019 injectors then. Which ones were you able to use in your 19+ ?
I posted the numbers in that other thread that was linked, but they where Bosch replacement for my Contis but after using them I am pretty sure they are the same as Bosch GTI injectors so if I would change again I would go for the R version.

My GTI is a Euro 2018 but they where just earlier with Continental injectors and D series engines and dq381 dsg.

I should probably add also when I installed my Bosch I could not fit the lower part of the fitting kit, had a lot of burnt in carbon from injector leaking in the hole and spent hours with brake clean and a pick to clean it.

When I went to fit the injector I could not seat it properly had to pull it out ruining one seal so cut that out and tried without and still not right, in the stress I just said fuck it resealed it and went without. In hindsight I might have gauged the head with the pick but not sure.

scrllock

Autocross Champion

Thanks.
Generally flow rates are the same between injectors designed for motors with the same turbo. i.e. IS12 motors would require a retune for IS20/IS38 injectors, IS20 for Is38, etc.
If you get pre-2019 GTI injectors they might be drop-in, but I don't have direct experience.

R, not GTI, but I was able to use these without any modifications or tuning to replace my contis. My first set lasted about 10k on ethanol, second set maybe 4-5k?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-fuel-injector-bosch-06l906036aj

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Generally flow rates are the same between injectors designed for motors with the same turbo. i.e. IS12 motors would require a retune for IS20/IS38 injectors, IS20 for Is38, etc.
If you get pre-2019 GTI injectors they might be drop-in, but I don't have direct experience.

R, not GTI, but I was able to use these without any modifications or tuning to replace my contis. My first set lasted about 10k on ethanol, second set maybe 4-5k?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-fuel-injector-bosch-06l906036aj
Those are Bosch and only lasted 5k, did you use the Bosch fitting kit?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Follow up on my Bosch injector saga, the full fitting kit is needed otherwise the injectors can move and get seated to far in the hole blowing out the rail o-ring. Had a fun few hours to redo everything in the driveway at minus degrees. :LOL: 🥶