GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Conti Pure Contact LS good ?

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
Hi I’m considering getting Conti Pure Contact LS in 235/45/17 for my new TSW Bathurst wheels. I want a comfortable ride but still good traction and it says weight is only 20.2 lbs (maybe a typo as that’s super light).

Anyone use these? I can also get DWS but wondering if the LS is better (lighter, longer lasting, more comfortable). Car is 1.8 T wit APR plus tune.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
My wife likes them more than the stock TX Conti's that came on her Passat. They do grip better in the rain, are quieter but can't really judge it more than that, because it's a Passat TDI :ROFLMAO:

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
Hi I’m considering getting Conti Pure Contact LS in 235/45/17 for my new TSW Bathurst wheels. I want a comfortable ride but still good traction and it says weight is only 20.2 lbs (maybe a typo as that’s super light).

Anyone use these? I can also get DWS but wondering if the LS is better (lighter, longer lasting, more comfortable). Car is 1.8 T wit APR plus tune.

If you desire a quieter, more comfortable ride & longer lasting, then the Pure Contact LS will be better than the EC DWS. If you want better grip for acceleration and lateral grip, then the EC DWS your choice.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
I have the LS and am enjoying them. No tire is perfect but these are a nice package of attributes. I wouldn't call them especially sporty as the sidewalls are appropriately soft but their limits are VG and they react in a linear fashion. Give you a bit more feel near the limit than you'd expect from them and stick well.

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
ok Thanks for the replies. I’m running 18’s 235 40 with Conti Surecontact RX now, which is basically NTB’s equivalent to DWS. It handles and brakes good but I want more comfortable. The regular Golf SE had 16’’s OE with 205’s and comfortable but performance was bla. I think 235 45 17 in DWS or the LS should be ideal setup combined with 17 lbs wheels.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I have 18" Purecontacts and they have been great, as good as the DWS 06 and seem to be lasting longer. I have about 25K miles on them and they are almost half worn. I should get 50K miles on them, which is about 10K more miles than I got with AS/3s or DWS 06's.

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks. I actually got the LS put on a couple days ago and I like them a lot. Setup is 17x8 TSW Bathurst silver with 235/45 HR 17. The wheels are 17.4 lbs and tires apparently under 21 lbs. I wanted a comfortable setup, light and I love bright silver and polished aluminum look.