GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Put the template on my new Hartmanns today. Thankfully, they don’t fit. Just touching the barrels. I was thinking of going this way as I will need brakes within 10k. But now I can just get some pads, rotors, and maybe some stainless lines for my PP. Sparing me the $500 caliper hit, which is not bad but is not pocket change either.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Don’t fit. Probably need a 5-10mm spacer

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
Mine would probably fit with a 5mm spacer, but I already did the fender screw mod, so that's that.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Just tried the template again with 8mm spacing built in. Still doesn't fit the Dekagrams, there must be something off about the template because it definitely did not look like it takes 20mm to clear. Hopefully will borrow a 10mm spacer to try and evaluate from there

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Just hoping the 8mm work. It looks like 5mm would work, but I want that extra space.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
ebay

Paint delivered yesterday. Calipers and decals are supposed to be here Friday. I hope to test fit and paint this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing how this looks with the G2 Paint and R decals as I'm thinking the same. Thought I may go with blue paint but then that means I need to also pain the rear to match...decisions, decisions. Lol

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Just tried the template again with 8mm spacing built in. Still doesn't fit the Dekagrams, there must be something off about the template because it definitely did not look like it takes 20mm to clear. Hopefully will borrow a 10mm spacer to try and evaluate from there
The a4 also has an additional 3mm hub-rotor center offset iirc. Not much but would make a difference. If somebody takes GOOD measurements I can make a new template.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
My fronts and rear calipers don't match in colour ?‍♂️
Well my front and rear wheels don't even match right now ?
My two sets of RPF1s only fit the rear ?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I think one option I could do later on is reverse staggered wheels. OZ has 19x9 et42 Laggeras I could throw on the front and they would give me a lot more room vs spacers. Something to do later though. Just hoping the spacers work.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
My fronts and rear calipers don't match in colour ?‍♂️

Yeah...I'm probably letting my OCD take over but your fronts look amazing in that color. Do you have a side pic showing both fronts and rear? I want to check my OCD. :ROFLMAO:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah...I'm probably letting my OCD take over but your fronts look amazing in that color. Do you have a side pic showing both fronts and rear? I want to check my OCD. :ROFLMAO:
I'll take one tomorrow. Got my windows tinted and it took too long. It's too dark out now

Edit: Not the best lighting, but it's not that bad looking between the fronts and the rear
20200215_200736.jpg

Edit 2: @MiamiBourne took a better picture this morning, really had to boost the brightness
20200216_104434.jpg

Last edited: