GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What's the actual diameter of the barrel? The face looks 18" but the barrel is like way smaller than the face.

Exactly what I was going to say. It comes down to barrel shaped in this instance.

As far as being worth it or not to upgrade, I'll tell you that the standard non-PP and PP brake are well suited for daily driving and autocross. I never had fade with the non-PP brakesautocrossing, even on stock pads and fluid, with up to 4 drivers per event, 6 runs each in the Florida summer. As you can see in the pic, they will put the car on it's nose and are so easy to modulate. Both non-PP and PP would be fine for canyon and light tracking with pads, fluid, deflectors. The main reason to go with the Macan setup is bling or you want an easier setup to swap pads, there are far more choices of pads, and the pads are cheaper, but this is by no means a "needed" upgrade for most people. If you find you're geting fade in a non-PP car with pads, fluid and deflectors, it makes more sense to upgrade to the Macan setup than the PP setup, as it's about the same cost. If you have a PP car and are getting fade, I'm not really sure at this point that this is much of an upgrade in the respect, but I'll certainly report back. You might be better off going with a true BBK. I chose these mainly for ease of pad swaps, more pad choices, pads being less expensive for these vs PP, and a desire to stay on 17" wheels to keep tire costs cheaper and not have to buy 2 new sets of wheels after going with a BBK. For me it's about ease and consumable costs. I think this setup will end up being a great set for people in a similar situation.
Helena Joan Sprague (347 of 398).jpg

Last edited:

Jarbear

Ready to race!
First, I printed the template and even after verifying the 2 inch box, it does not fit the center bore of the gti. If I correct for the 57.1mm bore, even the overall length does not fit inside an 18 inch wheel.

What gives?

The template is meant for a B8 A4. If I remember correctly, has a bore of 66.5mm (which matches the template). Once corrected, I had no issues fitting the template in my 18s. But it didn't clear the wheel spokes (n)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Thanks guys !

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I put them on my bathroom scale in 5 different spots. 3 @8.8 and 2 @9.0 I’ll weight the stockers after I swap them in a few weeks.

EB0C6077-A578-4BFF-B305-BF53173DBA0D.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My calipers are arriving today. I’ll test fit them with my OZ 19x8 et45 later today.

I'd be really surprised if they don't fit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone near Jacksonville Florida, I have G2 caliper paint you can have 50% off. I bought it and didn't use it, but couldn't return to Amazon because they don't take flammable things back.