GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Someone tell me if the braking performance upgrade is worth it, over PP brakes?? The specs look good on paper...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Someone tell me if the braking performance upgrade is worth it, over PP brakes?? The specs look good on paper...

It depends on what you're going to use them for. If it's just for looks, it's the least expensive way to do it. For daily driving, they're a little easier to modulate than the PP and lighter, but it isn't a life shattering change and the PP brakes are more than enough for the street and autocross. If it's just a daily and you have PP now, it's not worth it. If you have non-PP brakes now, it's a no brainer to do these instead of PP. If you track, you get a little bigger rotor, much easier to modulate on track, they sell high temp seals for them, they're lighter, and they're easier to swap pads so you can run a true track pad at the track.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Be sure to send me your final wheel and spacer fitments once you're sure so I can update the wheel fitment list.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

You're worth it ?

If you're tracking I recommend keeping the PP brakes until you need a race compound pad.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Be sure to send me your final wheel and spacer fitments once you're sure so I can update the wheel fitment list.
I looked for wheels at Tirerack that fit an Audi TTS. I figured they would have a good chance of clearing the Macan calipers.
Many are 35mm offset. Just need to check tire clearance.

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Has anyone using the 340mm disc put some miles on their brakes yet?
I just checked my pads and it has a lip up top now.

Attachments

• A7F11206-1E68-4717-9803-81BCF0199E8D.jpeg
    A7F11206-1E68-4717-9803-81BCF0199E8D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 451

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Has anyone using the 340mm disc put some miles on their brakes yet?
I just checked my pads and it has a lip up top now.

With the way mine contact on the 345mm rotors, I'd be surprised if everyone on 340mm doesn't develop that lip. Some of it will come down to slight differences from pad manufacture to manufacture, but the 345mm rotor really is the ideal rotor for this setup. While doing pad research, I ordered probably 5 sets of pads that fit these calipers and measured as much as a 5mm difference in pad height, so you could have multiple people on 340mm with no issue and others with a significant lip depending on which pads manufacture they use.

Last edited:

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Template for testing fitment with Macan calipers.
http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b...cdn.com/Q5_B8_BBK_Template.pdf

VCDS/OBDeleven optimizations

Here are some of the changes, but hydraulic brake assist is the only one your notice in everyday driving.

03 braking module security code 25757 worked for straight ahead brake stabilization. Turned it off and it'll allow trail braking into a corner without the abs fighting you.

03 braking module security code11966 worked for hydraulic brake assist. Removes the computer controlled brake boost that smooths out your braking and boosts braking pressure in panic stops. Gives you 100% control of brake pressure. Pedal felt amazing after turning off.

03 abs module Brake booster security code 25001. Factory setting 4, most use 2, I like 3.

First, I printed the template and even after verifying the 2 inch box, it does not fit the center bore of the gti. If I correct for the 57.1mm bore, even the overall length does not fit inside an 18 inch wheel.

What gives?

Secondly, If I don't do the OBD11 changes would this still be a worthwhile upgrade for autocross?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
First, I printed the template and even after verifying the 2 inch box, it does not fit the center bore of the gti. If I correct for the 57.1mm bore, even the overall length does not fit inside an 18 inch wheel.

What gives?

Secondly, If I don't do the OBD11 changes would this still be a worthwhile upgrade for autocross?

What wheels?

Not a worthwhile upgrade at all for just autocross.