GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread

Charlotte.:R

Ready to race!
Ride
'18 Golf R 6MT
I think 5mm is minimum recommended space. Also, dont forget to swap your crossover tube and bleeders. Bleeders on top. Looks great with those wheels though!!!
Thanks. I definitely don't have 5mm lol.

I was just test fitting and randomly chose the passenger side because I had more space on that side to work (read: closer to the beer fridge) and whatever box was on top. I think you can just swap sides on the calipers.

GTIfan99

Drag Racing Champion
So......how close is too close for caliper to spoke clearance? I have probably 1-1.5mm. Can rotate the wheel with no contact.

Thinking I might need 3mm spacers.

My wheels are dirty. Don’t judge me lol View attachment 165105View attachment 165106View attachment 165104
I was looking at STI factory clearance on cars at C&C this weekend. They have 2 to 3 mm tops from factory. That's the same as I was seeing. Looked at Alfa 4c, same.

I was surprised how close the factories cut it.

GTIfan99

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks. I definitely don't have 5mm lol.

I was just test fitting and randomly chose the passenger side because I had more space on that side to work (read: closer to the beer fridge) and whatever box was on top. I think you can just swap sides on the calipers.
Yes, just swap sides, don't swap hardware. You're lines won't fit correctly if you do that.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
So......how close is too close for caliper to spoke clearance? I have probably 1-1.5mm. Can rotate the wheel with no contact.

Thinking I might need 3mm spacers.

My wheels are dirty. Don’t judge me lol View attachment 165105View attachment 165106View attachment 165104
"Allow 3mm in all directions from the caliper to the wheel."

Aluizio

GTIfan99

Drag Racing Champion
Someone tell me if the braking performance upgrade is worth it, over PP brakes?? The specs look good on paper...
It depends on what you're going to use them for. If it's just for looks, it's the least expensive way to do it. For daily driving, they're a little easier to modulate than the PP and lighter, but it isn't a life shattering change and the PP brakes are more than enough for the street and autocross. If it's just a daily and you have PP now, it's not worth it. If you have non-PP brakes now, it's a no brainer to do these instead of PP. If you track, you get a little bigger rotor, much easier to modulate on track, they sell high temp seals for them, they're lighter, and they're easier to swap pads so you can run a true track pad at the track.

GTIfan99

Drag Racing Champion
Be sure to send me your final wheel and spacer fitments once you're sure so I can update the wheel fitment list.

barf

Passed Driver's Ed
Ride
2019 GTI S DSG
Be sure to send me your final wheel and spacer fitments once you're sure so I can update the wheel fitment list.
I looked for wheels at Tirerack that fit an Audi TTS. I figured they would have a good chance of clearing the Macan calipers.
Many are 35mm offset. Just need to check tire clearance.

Last edited: