GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Need to find a template to test my 17x9+45 and 17x8.5+40 wheels.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
This is mine. Macan calipers, 345mm mk6 R Zimmermann rotors, 10mm spacer with 17 x 7.5 Konig Runlites.
Looks great! Did you get those powder coated or did they come in that color?

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Looks great! Did you get those powder coated or did they come in that color?

They come like in the attached pic if you buy the Macan version, and bare aluminium if you buy the Q5 version

Attachments

• 20190928_181705.jpg
    20190928_181705.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 577

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
They come like in the attached pic if you buy the Macan version, and bare aluminium if you buy the Q5 version
Don’t you basically have to rebuild them to get them coated? Or did you paint? Just trying to see if you don’t mind sharing how you got yours finished.

Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I got them powder coated.
Any chance you're in CFL and you know a good place? Few places I've called either don't do calipers or require that you disassemble before bringing in. Rebuilding calipers feels like working on clocks and I always lose or bust a piece. I'm considering this macan build, the A4/Allroad calipers and a couple other things between my mk7 and mk4. Great and inspiring write up in any case. ?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Any chance you're in CFL and you know a good place? Few places I've called either don't do calipers or require that you disassemble before bringing in. Rebuilding calipers feels like working on clocks and I always lose or bust a piece. I'm considering this macan build, the A4/Allroad calipers and a couple other things between my mk7 and mk4. Great and inspiring write up in any case. ?

I'm up in Jacksonville and a buddy did them for me. We removed hardware, but just taped over pistons. You'll never see that area ever.

Last edited:

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Ordered the calipers, G2 gloss black paint, and high temp R decals today.

I sent the wife a link to the Zimmerman rotors and said it would be a great present for my birthday next week ;)

Few more things to piece together......I'm optimistic these fit without spacers behind my OZ Leggera wheels.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ordered the calipers, G2 gloss black paint, and high temp R decals today.

I sent the wife a link to the Zimmerman rotors and said it would be a great present for my birthday next week ;)

Few more things to piece together......I'm optimistic these fit without spacers behind my OZ Leggera wheels.

Let us know if they fit and I'll update the wheel list.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate