GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I almost pulled the trigger and I already have the Macan setup 🤦🏿‍♂️. I do like that the Macan setup fits under my 17s with no spacers. I expect these APRs will not.
Depends on the 17s.

Print out the template and check

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
they've already discontinued all of the rebuild parts (seals, pistons, etc.) I would not buy these and plan on using them for years.
They never had rebuild parts as far as I know. Inquired about it and they kinda treated me like I had 3 heads.

They sent me to Powerbrake South Africa, who unfortunately, had a similar response. There realistically won't be support for it. Would rather do something like Stoptech.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
APR questions. Yes, APR 350 BBK fits under 17x9s Apex without spacers. I run this, see pic for my VS-5RS forged 17x9s. Someone was running them with the flow formed SM10s as well in the same size.

Apex VS-5RS.jpg

If you need rotor rings, APR/Arin has stated that they will continue to be able to be sourced and yes, Powerbrake should be able to get them. Hit up Delon w/Powerbrake USA:

Regards,
Delon Murphy
6900-G Northpark Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28216
Cell: 704.804.2438
E mail: delon@powerbrake.us

Pads are a standard size, easiest is to search by 2018 Subaru WRX STI w/Brembos...that's the shape. There are others. These brakes are great. The APR "Advanced street/entry-level track day" pads are my daily pads (similar MOT [1166 deg F) to something between Carbotech/G-Loc 6 and 8s) and I've tracked them..just wear faster on track. I have their "Advanced track day" pads for track use (similar MOT [1472 deg F] as Carbotech/G-Loc 10s), they are fantastic but too much $$...I'll move to something else next time.

Carbotech/G-loc part nos.:
GP1365 /CT1365

APR_BBK_pads.jpg
apr-brakes-compatible-pads.JPG

scrllock

Autocross Champion
They never had rebuild parts as far as I know. Inquired about it and they kinda treated me like I had 3 heads.

They sent me to Powerbrake South Africa, who unfortunately, had a similar response. There realistically won't be support for it. Would rather do something like Stoptech.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 1.35.46 PM.png

they're boot-less internal-seal only race calipers made by a manufacturer that has exited the road car market. if powerbrake is not providing rebuild components they are not a good purchase if you plan on street-driving regularly. pads and rotors are besides the point.

I do not know why people would suggest purchasing these at this point, besides poor cognitive biases from current owners.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Good to know they would probably fit under my RSE05s... but I don't want to spend any real time looking for servicing/rebuild parts when that time comes. I'm currently putting less than 500 gentle miles on the car per month so it will be a looooong time before I need anything, at which point it could be even more of chore to source them. And... I already have the Macan's lol... what am I even doing looking at these?!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
View attachment 281993

they're boot-less internal-seal only race calipers made by a manufacturer that has exited the road car market. if powerbrake is not providing rebuild components they are not a good purchase if you plan on street-driving regularly. pads and rotors are besides the point.

I do not know why people would suggest purchasing these at this point, besides poor cognitive biases from current owners.
They look identical to their offroad calipers shown on their site, figured they were the same. I have emailed Delon about getting a rebuild kit so we'll see if there is anything on that end.

For $1200, this is worth it even if you got 3 years out of it....the rotors/pads alone are worth that that it comes with. I'm on mine now 2 years and they are going strong. I've never thought much on the seals but there is nothing external I have seen so as you say, must be internal seals.

Mr0czny

Car(s)
Skoda Octavia 3 RS T
IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

Hi guys.. what do You think about those calipers...
Regenerated and coat painted... but those holes on silver part?

Seller says it's normal aluminum oxidation

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

PatMc

Car(s)
Depends on the day
I promise you they had those "holes" new too.

The aluminum halves are cast.
Not really...those surfaces were machined when the caliper was manufactured. That's normal oxidation, and pretty minor really. I've had plenty pass through my shop that were scrap...far worse than that. I wouldn't think twice about using that caliper...it looks fine.