GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I pulled my pads and did a visual inspection to make sure the lines and everything looked good and everything was still tight.

Pad wear seems even. Although a little corner has cracked off.

86D6A983-0E01-40B9-AF96-894BD680FDC5.jpeg
23277472-E8F2-4F74-923A-789F378BBACA.jpeg
4A79E439-A965-4731-9D6E-0A0ABFBA87E3.jpeg

G2 caliper paint is holding up pretty good.

3E1F21F3-1872-43A5-AEF2-48FA3688077A.jpeg

So after 3 years and ~12k everything seems to be holding up. Going to bleed the brakes one if these upcoming weekends

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I had even wear on the first set. Second set worn unevenly because I decided Daytona isn't hard on brakes and was lazy, not swapping in track pads, which is the entire reason I bought the Brembos.

I destroyed those z26 pads by running them outside their heat range. It wasn't the calipers.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
What are the name of these bolts that hood the Macan caliper together? I don’t want to use a 6/12 point socket to torque them during reassembly. Having trouble finding them online. 403F380C-FF66-4518-9F1E-9D8DB3310364.jpeg073B4801-2EF7-470D-BC5E-FC2DA013D92D.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Yeah, I was trying to keep the exact bolt. Thanks though, McMastercarr was the first place I looked as we use them for work often. I can always replace all of them with the same bolt though, that was my next option. Kind of ocd I guess.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
After last pad change, I was having a hard time bleeding. Really spongy pedal.

I tapped with hammer, abs activation, 30 psi bleed, still soft.

I cycled the pistons a few times, rebled, and got a lot of air.

Brakes are rock hard and feel the best they've ever felt.

I think maybe the orientation were running these brakes at makes it harder to bleed them.

Any thoughts?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I think maybe the orientation were running these brakes at makes it harder to bleed them.

Any thoughts?
I don't see why it would matter unless you're doing something wonky like keeping them on the same side and flipping the bleeders. Looking at the Macan service manual, there's nothing different about it. 2.0bar bleed, outer valve first.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't see why it would matter unless you're doing something wonky like keeping them on the same side and flipping the bleeders. Looking at the Macan service manual, there's nothing different about it. 2.0bar bleed, outer valve first.
Agree, doesn't seem like it should matter, but based on how good they feel right now, I'm wondering if I ever got all the air out to begin with.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
After last pad change, I was having a hard time bleeding. Really spongy pedal.

I tapped with hammer, abs activation, 30 psi bleed, still soft.

I cycled the pistons a few times, rebled, and got a lot of air.

Brakes are rock hard and feel the best they've ever felt.

Any thoughts?

When you say ABS activation are you doing this via software or actual driving with ABS stops?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What did you use OBD11 or VAGCOM. I have VAGCOM, would like to know how to do it when I install these. Just waiting to get mine back from powder coat at this point.
Obd11

I don't think the air was in the abs system though, so doing a few abs inducing stops should be good.