GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
$327 doesn't seem too bad of a price for new calipers, from what I can tell. Been keeping an eye out for used ones, and they seem to be $260-ish per caliper with unknown true conditions.

But I've only just lightly been looking for about the past month or so.
I bought mine for $270 each from this place:

https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/PO-95B615123F
https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/PO-95B615124F

Right now they are $330, guess they went up, but when I was getting mine, they were the cheapest. I do remember Sunset Porsche offering them for like 290.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I bought from Sunset for less than 250 ea., but that was awhile ago.

ScottM_mk7

Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
I am possibly looking at installing the Macan calipers on my MK7 GTI, but I am l
having a hard time trying to find out if the SuperSpeed RF03RR wheels will clear these calipers. Specs for the wheels are 18x8.5 with a 45 offset. Also the print out for the wheel fitment template shown on the first page looks physically different compared to the actual Macan calipers. Can someone confirm the fitment, or are people unsure with my wheel setup?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am possibly looking at installing the Macan calipers on my MK7 GTI, but I am l
having a hard time trying to find out if the SuperSpeed RF03RR wheels will clear these calipers. Specs for the wheels are 18x8.5 with a 45 offset. Also the print out for the wheel fitment template shown on the first page looks physically different compared to the actual Macan calipers. Can someone confirm the fitment, or are people unsure with my wheel setup?
That wheel is similar face profile to an Advan RSII/III. I believe at the specs you mentioned, which are my wheels specs, you will clear because I clear mine.

Cheers

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I actually don't think they will. I asked here, and someone said they needed a 15mm spacer with them.

https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...de-thread-read-first-post.371028/post-7655272

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No way any 8.5 +45 wheel would need 15mm spacer with these brakes.

I'm just the messenger repeating what I was told when I asked the same question lol.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No way any 8.5 +45 wheel would need 15mm spacer with these brakes.

I'm just the messenger repeating what I was told when I asked the same question lol.
Very much a legit possibility when looking at the wheels design and the super thin pad and location the spokes curve back to the barrel of the super speeds.
0DA27AED-B235-483A-AAC7-3C1DC8E091FA.jpeg

Even this wheel in 9” +45 took a 10mm.

B6C5AF08-348F-4E28-B7F4-1C19F20E49E4.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You’ve been spoiled with nuespeeds that actually account for big fixed caliper setups
It's specifically why I bought 2 sets of the Neuspeeds. I was using a set of koni runlights on the street and I hated using hub rings and spacers to get them to fit. If you have to work that hard to get a wheel to fit, it just isn't meant to be.

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)
Anyone know how large of spacer VW Englishtown wheels require to clear the Macan calipers? I saw someone say 10mm in another forum, but I wanted to verify. (Englishtowns 19x8 ET+50)

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Anyone know how large of spacer VW Englishtown wheels require to clear the Macan calipers? I saw someone say 10mm in another forum, but I wanted to verify. (Englishtowns 19x8 ET+50)
Minimum 8mm, but 10 is the go-to.