GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
Just ordered a set from Porsche Delaware for 240.00 each.

Think I'm gonna start with the Power Stop Z26-1001 pads unless someone has a better suggestion for street use.

Lastly does anyone have a set of lines they'd like to sell, before I buy new from Techni-Fit?
You want to order them new from Techna-Fit. They are cheap for the front pair. However, they are made to order and not the fastest in turnaround time so go ahead and place an order. I think there is one guy selling the entire set up of Macan calipers, rotors, pads, and lines but I don't think he wanted to break up the full kit.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
You want to order them new from Techna-Fit. They are cheap for the front pair. However, they are made to order and not the fastest in turnaround time so go ahead and place an order. I think there is one guy selling the entire set up of Macan calipers, rotors, pads, and lines but I don't think he wanted to break up the full kit.

Thank you. I always like to check if a forum member is selling first just to help out the community, not necessarily to get a rock bottom price. I'm not concerned with turnaround as I just ordered the calipers today and haven't even started shopping for pads and rotors yet. Probably won't even begin installing until later this Summer or Fall..

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
wimpy wimpy wimpy
20220528_141546_resized.jpg

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY
20220528_141609_resized.jpg

shout out to @Acadia18 for helping me get these on and being nice enough to let me borrow his bleeder so I can do a few more bleeds

also shout out to @GTIfan99 and his recommendation for using a 2x4 to hold the brake down while we were doing the swap. Not a single drop came out and the pedal has a great feel after bleeding it.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
wimpy wimpy wimpy
View attachment 250720

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY
View attachment 250719

shout out to @Acadia18 for helping me get these on and being nice enough to let me borrow his bleeder so I can do a few more bleeds

also shout out to @GTIfan99 and his recommendation for using a 2x4 to hold the brake down while we were doing the swap. Not a single drop came out and the pedal has a great feel after bleeding it.

What rotors and pads did you go with?

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Just ordered a set from Porsche Delaware for 240.00 each.

Think I'm gonna start with the Power Stop Z26-1001 pads unless someone has a better suggestion for street use.

Lastly does anyone have a set of lines they'd like to sell, before I buy new from Techni-Fit?
Just fyi, I couldn't reach anyone there after multiple emails and phone calls. Ended up going with OEM Macan lines which fit perfectly.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What rotors and pads did you go with?

He bought my old setup off me. Rotors are Stoptech drilled and slotted, pads are Powerstop Z26.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was hanging with a buddy who did this setup too. His felt better than mine, and he didn't do RRG. I boiled fluid at Daytona and they need bleeding badly and RBF600 is more hygroscopic than the old RBF600, going to swap back.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Just fyi, I couldn't reach anyone there after multiple emails and phone calls. Ended up going with OEM Macan lines which fit perfectly.

Are you referring to the lines? I couldn't get anyone at Techna-fit either, so I ordered the Neuspeed one's which UroTuning has on sale for 76.00 with choice of colors.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
He bought my old setup off me. Rotors are Stoptech drilled and slotted, pads are Powerstop Z26.

Thanks. So far I have the calipers arriving Tuesday and ordered the lines. I'm doing a slow build to give myself time to do proper research on pads and rotors. So far I'm leaning toward the pads and rotors you had..

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thanks. So far I have the calipers arriving Tuesday and ordered the lines. I'm doing a slow build to give myself time to do proper research on pads and rotors. So far I'm leaning toward the pads and rotors you had..

The rotors have fucking skyrocketted in price. I paid $314 for two of them last May. It's now $604 for two of them. JFC.

I'm a big fan of the Powerstop Z23/Z26 pads all around. As far as I can tell, the Z26 have a built in aluminum shim that the Z23 don't. They're low dust and noise, cheap, and stop fine. While it's personal preference, I never had an issue with pedal feel with them. From his short time on them so far, I don't think @dtfd does either.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
The rotors have fucking skyrocketted in price. I paid $314 for two of them last May. It's now $604 for two of them. JFC.

I'm a big fan of the Powerstop Z23/Z26 pads all around. As far as I can tell, the Z26 have a built in aluminum shim that the Z23 don't. They're low dust and noise, cheap, and stop fine. While it's personal preference, I never had an issue with pedal feel with them. From his short time on them so far, I don't think @dtfd does either.

Thanks for that. I've got the Z26 pads in my wishlist on Amazon. They have generic slotted/x-drilled rotors for 120.00 a pair. Hell I can get the two piece rotor set at ECS for around 650.00.. Decisions decisions.. As I said, luckily I'm not in a hurry.