GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
On my gti i was able to successfully bleed the abs. Hooked up the motive, pumped to 30psi, opened the drivers side bleeder and ran the abs test cycle. It sputtered like a pwm type sputter for like 30 seconds, spraying the fluid out. Closed the bleeder valve when it was done and bled the rest of the car like usual. I want to say I maybe used a whole liter, so had like 2 in the motive.

It's been a while since I did it and not positive that how I did with drivers front bleeder was the proper way, but it totally worked for me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What @GTIfan99 said.

Honestly, the true, final solution to the pedal feel is to rebuild your calipers with anti-knockback springs. And doing that will reduce pad life significantly. If you haven't done the ABS module adaptation changes, those also make a big difference.
I would also recommend using different pads, pedal feel can change quite a bit and a lot of people having difficulties are using the powerstop crap. It's a very, very common pad shape, so there are tons of options.

Z26 make the pedal feel much softer that my track pads. This is 100% true, but they're OK with OBD11 charges and the RRG.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The OBD mods made a big difference for me (no RRG in my setup). Still dead space but I’ve learned to drive around it. I’m thinking of ditching these Powerstop though and trying the Ferodo DS2500’s and see how those feel.

Let me know, I'm thinking about using them for street and autocross. And FCP carries them.

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Don’t know if it’s already been test fit, but the APR A01 wheels clear with 0 spacer.

Attachments

• 5F907472-5ED4-445F-A51B-53CC96B958E2.jpeg
    5F907472-5ED4-445F-A51B-53CC96B958E2.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 132

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Mostly a daily with plans to track/autox in the future. Looking at brake pads from FCPEURO.

No EBC redstuff available which was my first choice. Thoughts on Ferodo FDB4908?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They can last longer than that depending on the specific usage, but nothing else FCP sells is even remotely good for track.
Agreed. It will depend on driver skill level and tires if they will be adequate, but they are not a track pad.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anybody running FlowOne F5s in 18x8? Curious if they clear? Have a track day in 2 weeks and need wheels/tires.
The template is your best bet. And worst case scenario, you'll need spacers.

whizznbyu

I don't know how to sift through all the pages on this thread so here goes and please be kind.
I have Motegi TrakLites 17" x 8" without spacers. (MR131). Which big brake set up should I consider? Can I just change the fronts and leave the back alone? I don't mind changing all 4 brakes.
Thank you.