GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DjDvr

Car(s)
A3
Thank you guys , got more feedback guess I am going for this as well :). Will look for the 340 and thinking of ds2500 as I drove them until now with Tarox 2 pieces disks and loved them , should be the same I guess.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't understand going 340, unless you have good 340 rotors already on the car. If you're coming from non PP or your rotors need to be replaced, do the 345.

DjDvr

Car(s)
A3
I don't understand going 340, unless you have good 340 rotors already on the car. If you're coming from non PP or your rotors need to be replaced, do the 345.
Only considering 340 because of disk weight , 345 2 piece are on steep side :) , OE 2 piece 1K0615301AD are ok. I am coming from 2 piece 312 Tarox that are light so wanted to keep everything as light as possible but also in a somewhat ok budget :).

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Only considering 340 because of disk weight , 345 2 piece are on steep side :) , OE 2 piece 1K0615301AD are ok. I am coming from 2 piece 312 Tarox that are light so wanted to keep everything as light as possible but also in a somewhat ok budget :).

Understand that, depending on the pad, you may have issues with 340. I don't think the weight difference 340 to 345 is significant, especially how close it is to the center of rotation.

DjDvr

Car(s)
A3
Understand that, depending on the pad, you may have issues with 340. I don't think the weight difference 340 to 345 is significant, especially how close it is to the center of rotation.
Yeah but 340 2 piece and 345 normal has around 5 - 7 lbs as far as I can see and it's rotational mass .... I think I would feel it.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah but 340 2 piece and 345 normal has around 5 - 7 lbs as far as I can see and it's rotational mass .... I think I would feel it.

345 2 piece are available too.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Hello everyone, looking in to getting the Macan setup with 340 mm as , was wondering what the day to day start/stop traffic is with the Macan brakes ? Have heard from killerbrakes.com that with this setup the brakes are on/off and no real in between feeling. Can someone running dsg confirm how the feel is to the stock brakes ? Is it really on/off or is it ok ?

Cheers
The brakes work better than stock as long as you bleed them properly and disable hydraulic assist with OBD11 or VAGCOM.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Fastivus was a great test for these calipers. 360 miles round trip; 120 miles on track. My dad also drove my GSW4Mo and our groups ran back to back. The car was essentially on track for 3 50 minute sessions. The only weight we removed from my wagon was the spare tire. With two adults and a full tank of fuel we were ~3600lbs. We ran the R888Rs and Neuspeed RSe05s from my Golf for this event.

Right off the bat let me say these calipers are phenomenal! The OEM Macan shaped EBC YellowStuff used almost every mm of the Mk5/6R rotor surface. We experienced no fade and the brakes were consistent every lap. While I could feel the dead spot in the pedal after long straights, my dad could not. If I tapped the pedal before braking it was perfect. If I didn't the brake application was consistent after the first ~1/4" of travel. I do not believe RPVs are the answer. I do have a GTI/R master cylinder sitting on the shelf so maybe I'll give that a shot. I'm definitely excited to try these with BlueStuff next!

You really need to pair these calipers with 310x22 rears to get the most out of them on track. The extra stability and cooling are essential; especially on longer sessions.
View attachment 227392

Awesome to hear. What fluid do you use?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah but they are around 900usd for 2 piece where the 340 OE ones are ~300 , or do you know other brands exect dba and tarrox that make good 2 piece rotors for 345 ?

Where are you seeing 340 2 piece for around 300?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I might be mistaking , arent G7 R/Performance Audi tts etc 340 discs , 2 piece ?

Do you have a link to them? Are you talking about the CSS cast 2 piece?