GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

OryxMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 R
Just wanted to see if someone can confirm. I'm putting these on my R (looks only), and I recently put on new pads/rotors. I can just keep my 340mm rotors and buy the calipers, lines and z26 pads? I don't care for the wear sensor, it's bypassed.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Just wanted to see if someone can confirm. I'm putting these on my R (looks only), and I recently put on new pads/rotors. I can just keep my 340mm rotors and buy the calipers, lines and z26 pads? I don't care for the wear sensor, it's bypassed.
Yes

Claymore

Car(s)
Audi S3
I’m having trouble coding the hydraulic brake assist off and changing the brake booster value. I have OBDELEVEN, when I’m in the adaptions for module 3 ‘brakes’ I set to not active enter a valid security code. It’s gives me a successful tick but the asks me for a new code, over and over again. Without making the change. Anyone else experienced this?
mice tried updates, reboots, bonnet up, everything
Help please

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’m having trouble coding the hydraulic brake assist off and changing the brake booster value. I have OBDELEVEN, when I’m in the adaptions for module 3 ‘brakes’ I set to not active enter a valid security code. It’s gives me a successful tick but the asks me for a new code, over and over again. Without making the change. Anyone else experienced this?
mice tried updates, reboots, bonnet up, everything
Help please
It means you have the wrong code for your car.

Claymore

Car(s)
Audi S3
I’ve made a video showing the odd thing that’s happening to me on my OBDELEVEN. Can someone please watch this and tell me if I’m getting something wrong? The cars ignition is on and the hood is open. There are also no current fault codes

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’ve made a video showing the odd thing that’s happening to me on my OBDELEVEN. Can someone please watch this and tell me if I’m getting something wrong? The cars ignition is on and the hood is open. There are also no current fault codes

That doesn't look like my obd11 on android, but when I used the wrong code, it does look like it works, but brings up the security code entry again. Also, if you enter the wrong code a few times, it takes 15 minutes before it'll work correctly again.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Saw this in a Facebook ad and it seems that cayenne 6 pistons also work and they are also 340mm?

View attachment 223858

It looks like the new Macan GTS comes standard with 6 piston Brembos with 360 x 36 millimeters discs at the front. The issue would be finding a rotor that would work with our cars, even if the Calipers themselves fit. You could maybe find a mk6 or mk7 specific aluminum hat and see if they that a 360 x 36 rotor ring that's compatible.

Interesting idea.

greesha

Is it likely that an 18inch wheel barrel would not clear the top of the caliper?
Got a set of 18x8.5 et 45 Rotiform las-r wheels, printed out the template in the first post.
I was concerned about the caliper hitting the front of the wheel but was not expecting clearing the barrel to be an issue.

Am I doing something wrong? I made sure to center it when doing actual measurements to the hub (its off a bit in the pic)

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.09.00 AM.png

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Is it likely that an 18inch wheel barrel would not clear the top of the caliper?
Got a set of 18x8.5 et 45 Rotiform las-r wheels, printed out the template in the first post.
I was concerned about the caliper hitting the front of the wheel but was not expecting clearing the barrel to be an issue.

Am I doing something wrong? I made sure to center it when doing actual measurements to the hub (its off a bit in the p
interesting....those brotiforms look to have like a stepped "interior lip", it may very well touch.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Is the caliper rebuild kit only for those that are powdercoating the calipers? I just realized that is the one part I didn't order yet.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is the caliper rebuild kit only for those that are powdercoating the calipers? I just realized that is the one part I didn't order yet.

I power coated and reused all the factory parts/ seals. I did not need a rebuild kit. Just be careful.

If your name is Edward Scissor Hands Arcadia, you might need the rebuild kit.

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Finished the install today. Haven't had a chance to really break in the components yet so I can't comment on performance. Installation was very straightforward, didn't run into any issues at all. Macan OEM lines worked great only had to use a single zip tie up where the brake line attaches to the hard line and that was just a precautionary measure against vibration, etc. My BBS CH025's cleared the brakes with plenty of room. Overall I would give this mod a 10/10 the only downside is cost.