GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I did a couple hard brakes on the highway from 80-50 and when I got off at my exit I could smell them pretty badly.

Are they bedded?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I did the recommended bed in procedure when I first installed them. Even then I'm seeing a few grooves on the rotors. :(

Weird.

I haven't had any issues and I swap back and forth between z26 and the Track Day compound with z23 in the rear.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Have the Z26's as well. Haven't noticed anything.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Finally got to use the Power Stop Track Day Pads on track,, not just autocross. FIRM, which is hard on brakes. (Not Track Day Spec, they don't offer that yet in this pad)

Don't buying these. I'm not bothered by brake dust, but my car was black when I finished. Literally both sides black. Also, they shoot out massive streams of sparks in every braking zone. They wear super fast, bite wasn't very good and they started to fade. Pedal firm, pads just overheated. 1/10, would not buy again, no matter how cheap they are.

I'd have been better off using the Z26.

I'll have to rethink what I'm doing for track pads.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Finally got to use the Power Stop Track Day Pads on track,, not just autocross. FIRM, which is hard on brakes. (Not Track Day Spec, they don't offer that yet in this pad)

Don't buying these. I'm not bothered by brake dust, but my car was black when I finished. Literally both sides black. Also, they shoot out massive streams of sparks in every braking zone. They wear super fast, bite wasn't very good and they started to fade. Pedal firm, pads just overheated. 1/10, would not buy again, no matter how cheap they are.

I'd have been better off using the Z26.

I'll have to rethink what I'm doing for track pads.
That sucks. I can't say I've had the exact opposite experience but I've used my Track Day pads on 3 different events and even some street driving and they felt similar to my DS2500 pads but without the pad residue/buildup issue those had that caused all sorts of vibration on braking. No fade, hard pedal, a ton of dust but nothing crazy like sparks!

I am having a weird issue with my Z26s though, like they are dragging and they have smoothed out a 1/4" section of rotor so my first stop of the drive always squeals like crazy.

Bottom line there are many better pads than the reasonable budget pads from Power Stop this thread has notes on.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That sucks. I can't say I've had the exact opposite experience but I've used my Track Day pads on 3 different events and even some street driving and they felt similar to my DS2500 pads but without the pad residue/buildup issue those had that caused all sorts of vibration on braking. No fade, hard pedal, a ton of dust but nothing crazy like sparks!

I am having a weird issue with my Z26s though, like they are dragging and they have smoothed out a 1/4" section of rotor so my first stop of the drive always squeals like crazy.

Bottom line there are many better pads than the reasonable budget pads from Power Stop this thread has notes on.

I was surprised by the light show, so I googled. Apparently it isn't uncommon with the Track Day pads. I saw complaints of the same on Corvette and Mustang forums.

My Z26 have been trouble free on street and autocross.

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So yeah, the Powerstop Track Day pads definitely put on a light show.

I wish there were some shots from the night runs.

NR 2021 (154 of 549).jpg

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion