GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
This is an old topic but I don't think I've seen a photo of the spring clip that holds the Macan hose to the GTI hard line. The clips are under a buck each and can easily be installed next time you do a fluid flush. A nice way to be sure your hose connection isn't rattling around. Porsche PN 8K0-611-715
Bern

Attachments

• TheSolution.jpg
    TheSolution.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105

Kwise9191

Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I just want to give the original poster of this a MASSIVE shoutout. I did this swap as recommended with the mk6 R rotors and powerstop pads, and it's been awesome.

I'm currently looking to see if FCP Euro will order some Hawk pads for these calipers for me for my track days (here's to hoping I can hop on that lifetime warranty)

But all in, these brakes are amazing. I've probably had them on for 3 months now and nothing but good news. Definitely recommend better fluid if you drive aggressively, and do NOT track them on the street pads, you'll run out of brakes pretty quickly and end up off track lol.

Also stock R wheels fit with a good spacer, pretty sure was 20mm, but the fitment is quite nice with them, just the tiniest amount of poke without sticking out too much imo.

To those of you who have done this swap, anyone get them powdercoated? I'm considering going a different color but have no idea what to expect lol.

Snapchat-979938480.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I just want to give the original poster of this a MASSIVE shoutout. I did this swap as recommended with the mk6 R rotors and powerstop pads, and it's been awesome.

I'm currently looking to see if FCP Euro will order some Hawk pads for these calipers for me for my track days (here's to hoping I can hop on that lifetime warranty)

But all in, these brakes are amazing. I've probably had them on for 3 months now and nothing but good news. Definitely recommend better fluid if you drive aggressively, and do NOT track them on the street pads, you'll run out of brakes pretty quickly and end up off track lol.

Also stock R wheels fit with a good spacer, pretty sure was 20mm, but the fitment is quite nice with them, just the tiniest amount of poke without sticking out too much imo.

To those of you who have done this swap, anyone get them powdercoated? I'm considering going a different color but have no idea what to expect lol.

View attachment 222725

I got them powder coated after a failed DIY paint job. $150, and they were sand blasted and powder coated. Came out looking great. The 'GTI' text is just white high temp vinyl.

image.jpg

20210605_205902.jpg

20210729_150352~2.jpg

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Picked up the calipers today, waiting on rotors & pads from summit racing, and trying to figure out the brake lines since Tecna-Fit seems out of the fittings for 45 days. Anyone have any ideas of other sources of custom brake lines?

Last edited:

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7
Picked up the calipers today, waiting on rotors & pads from summit racing, and trying to figure out the brake lines since Tecna-Fit seems out of the fittings for 45 days. Anyone have any ideas of other sources of custom brake lines?
Having the same problem I have everything besides brake lines. Might have to just go with oem macan lines

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Oem lines are already only $50. Is there a reason to cheap out? Brake lines are pretty important part of a car no?
I see it as $42 each, versus 59 for 2 for Techna-Fit stainless lines. Not tryna cheap out, just was hoping for stainless over plastic lines, but that 45 day delay sucks

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Anyone else have the Powerstop Z26-1001 pads? I noticed that they get super hot and start smelling after only a few good stops, even on the street. I can't imagine this holding up to any sort of track day. I've never even smelled the stock brakes under any kind of use, but going down a hill and dragging the brakes (which I did as a test; I know you're not supposed to do this) overheats them extremely quickly.

I might get new pads soon.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Anyone else have the Powerstop Z26-1001 pads? I noticed that they get super hot and start smelling after only a few good stops, even on the street. I can't imagine this holding up to any sort of track day. I've never even smelled the stock brakes under any kind of use, but going down a hill and dragging the brakes (which I did as a test; I know you're not supposed to do this) overheats them extremely quickly.

I might get new pads soon.

I use them on street and for autocross in Florida and haven't noticed that at all. I wouldn't use them on track though.