GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why do yours look so much bigger than mine and mine are behind 17" wheels.

It's all in the angle of how you photograph it 😉

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's all in the angle of how you photograph it 😉

Come photograph mine please, because they look small.

20210728_153729.jpg

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
?Confirming Macan brake line part number: 95B-611-776-A ??

Chris at Techna-fit says they will not be able to provide a SS line for 45-60 days. So I'm ordering the standard Macan flexible brake hose from Porsche and want to confirm its part number. Can anyone confirm the above number is the correct part number?
Thanks,
Bern
That shows up for me as the brake line for the cars with CCBs. I think you want this guy: https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-parts/porsche-brake-hose-95b611701e?c=Zz1icmFrZXMmcz1mcm9udC1icmFrZXMmbD0zMSZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPXBvcnNjaGUmbz1tYWNhbiZ5PTIwMTgmdD1iYXNlJmU9Mi0wbC1sNC1nYXM=

95B-611-701-E

Bernb6

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Will, thanks, I was just ordering them this morning,
Bern

tigeo

Autocross Champion
DELETED

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I rebleed the brakes pre track day coming up this weekend. They feel really good. RRG, some ABS stops and a good 30 psi bleed LF, RF, LR, RR is all it really takes.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
I rebleed the brakes pre track day coming up this weekend. They feel really good. RRG, some ABS stops and a good 30 psi bleed LF, RF, LR, RR is all it really takes.
I'm sure you covered this somewhere, but you post so frequently I couldn't find it via your profile:

How do you apply the RRG with the pistons still in the calipers? I might try to grab some and apply the next time I bleed mine

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm sure you covered this somewhere, but you post so frequently I couldn't find it via your profile:

How do you apply the RRG with the pistons still in the calipers? I might try to grab some and apply the next time I bleed mine

He's mentioned just lifting the dust boots, and cramming some under there.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Not the best method, but, I removed pads, removed caliper from knuckle, removed dust seals,, hung with a caliper hanger on control arm, put 1 pad in the caliper, gently pressed brake pedal, greased pistons (outsides seemed to always extend, so used a wood working clamp to hold the pad against them, so I could get the inside to extend out too), greased, put it all back together.

Not ideal, but it made a difference for me.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
He's mentioned just lifting the dust boots, and cramming some under there.

It was a little better than that. I went back and pushed the pistons out and THEN crammed some under there.

I'm not a savage.

Last edited: