GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Finally got them installed. Overall easy but tiring since I did it in the heat. Only issues I ran into is one of my dust boots kept popping out. I said screw it and left it alone and my brakes pedal feels light even after 2 bleeds. I think it’s because I left my E brake on. I’m going to get a shop to bleed as I won’t be able to get my car up again for a while.

clearance is tight if you haveAudi A3 rs5 replica wheels. With 10mm spacer I had about 1-2mm of clearance left. Thanks for all your guys’ help!

Attachments

• AA0FBCA1-4525-4C97-B65F-15E8247E55EB.jpeg
    AA0FBCA1-4525-4C97-B65F-15E8247E55EB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • F15A1EF9-5DE9-46FA-AB3B-DD37831D90B2.jpeg
    F15A1EF9-5DE9-46FA-AB3B-DD37831D90B2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
  • C8EC1920-544D-4848-99CA-8316EC4B4C5C.jpeg
    C8EC1920-544D-4848-99CA-8316EC4B4C5C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Finally got them installed. Overall easy but tiring since I did it in the heat. Only issues I ran into is one of my dust boots kept popping out. I said screw it and left it alone and my brakes pedal feels light even after 2 bleeds. I think it’s because I left my E brake on. I’m going to get a shop to bleed as I won’t be able to get my car up again for a while.

clearance is tight if you haveAudi A3 rs5 replica wheels. With 10mm spacer I had about 1-2mm of clearance left. Thanks for all your guys’ help!

Did you bleed the rears too?

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Did you keep the brake pedal depressed with a 2 x 4 while swapping the calipers?
Yup, but not fully and I thought it was just more to not have dripping when removing the line. Also to add, A3 have brake pad sensors on the passenger side. Didn’t know so if you have an A3 buy the thing to not cause a Brake DTC to pop up

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yup, but not fully and I thought it was just more to not have dripping when removing the line. Also to add, A3 have brake pad sensors on the passenger side. Didn’t know so if you have an A3 buy the thing to not cause a Brake DTC to pop up

They make versions of the pad with the slot brake sensors.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
They make versions of the pad with the slot brake sensors.
Oh good to know. It’s my fault for assuming my car wouldn’t have a brake pad wear sensor. I plan on buying something to plug in for now but will be going for the ones with the sensor in the future
*Edit* Found out you can just use the existing brake pad sensor. Cut off the ends and splice it together. Might help someone else. I already threw out my old pads.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Now that it's been a few hundred miles, and I was stuck inside on a gross and rainy day, I decided to bleed them for a 3rd time. Didn't expect any air, and didn't get any, but did fill a bottle of nasty fluid.

20210703_153829.jpg

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Anyone try Pagid RSL29, RSL1, porterfield R4’s on the macan calipers and have some thoughts on he difference between the pads when used on the Macans?

Last edited:

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone try Pagid RSL29, RSL1, porterfield R4’s on the macan calipers and have some thoughts on he difference between the pads when used on the Macans?
I run ME22. Pad and rotor wear are good, and so is the performance. They do get really hot, and not sure if it was my fluid, my bleeding, or the stars not aligning, but when the calipers got really hot, either the ABS got confused, or there was air somewhere because the pedal feel just got worse and worse.

Again, not sure if it's just the calipers/abs not being able to deal with the added heat. but I probably won't be tracking till next year so I haven't really had a chance to see if the issue has fixed itself after re-bleeding.

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed

Did you paint them to say Brembo?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
So, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere in these 138 pages, but I found out the hard way that despite these calipers being listed as compatible with base through turbo models of the Macan, they are only base model calipers, and so you can't sort by brake pads that fit any Macan. I accidentally ordered some brake pads meant to fit a Macan S, and it's not even close, so now I'm only sorting by pads for a 2003+ STI with much better results.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned somewhere in these 138 pages, but I found out the hard way that despite these calipers being listed as compatible with base through turbo models of the Macan, they are only base model calipers, and so you can't sort by brake pads that fit any Macan. I accidentally ordered some brake pads meant to fit a Macan S, and it's not even close, so now I'm only sorting by pads for a 2003+ STI with much better results.

I don't mean this in a rude way. But literally the first post has a giant list of cars you can use to search for.