GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks good. Mine took a week longer than expected, and I'm willing to bet the only reason I got them done when I did was I stopped by in person to check on the status. They were prepped quickly, then sat on a shelf. After I dropped in, they were magically done 5 hours later. They were still hot to the touch from cooking in the oven when I picked them up.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Looks good. Mine took a week longer than expected, and I'm willing to bet the only reason I got them done when I did was I stopped by in person to check on the status. They were prepped quickly, then sat on a shelf. After I dropped in, they were magically done 5 hours later. They were still hot to the touch from cooking in the oven when I picked them up.
Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's the same for me. They sent me the pics about 2 hours after I visited. This is after I called this morning asking if they'll be ready and they said it'll be good by the end of day. Took an early day off of work and everything.
*edit* to add a thanks!

Last edited:

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Hey guys, I just jumped the gun and bought almost all the needed parts including the high temp dust shields.

Thanks to the organizers of this post and the OP for putting this together.

Question: I don't know the name or part number for the following or where to buy them:
  1. pad retainer / springs (the piece on the open side of the caliper that holds the pads in place
  2. brake pad pins that locks the pads in place (does this come included with the calipers?)
  3. brake pad high temp shield (dunno the name), a metal piece that sits between the piston and the brake pad to keep the heat away from the calipers
Thanks again! I hope to get this on my car soon and hit up some track.

Last edited:

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Hey guys, I just jumped the gun and bought almost all the needed parts including the high temp dust shields.

Question: I don't know the name or part number for the following or where to buy them:
  1. pad retainer / springs (the piece on the open side of the caliper that holds the pads in place
  2. brake pad pins that locks the pads in place (does this come included with the calipers?)
  3. brake pad high temp shield (dunno the name), a metal piece that sits between the piston and the brake pad to keep the heat away from the calipers
Are you planning on installing as is, or powdercoat it? After doing some readings, it seems the high temp dust shield tries to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. Multiple people here posted that their original dust boots have held up great. At the same time, it's hard not destroying your dust boots when removing them so if you plan on disassembling for powder coat you'll probably have to buy some anyway. just some food for thought.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Are you planning on installing as is, or powdercoat it? After doing some readings, it seems the high temp dust shield tries to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. Multiple people here posted that their original dust boots have held up great. At the same time, it's hard not destroying your dust boots when removing them so if you plan on disassembling for powder coat you'll probably have to buy some anyway. just some food for thought.
i can confirm if you track your car, the dust boots will get torn up. after 3 track days they were pretty much toast.

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Finally got my calipers back. Happy with how they look, but unhappy with the powder coater leaving some of the masking tape on and it was a bitch to remove the leftover tape from the surfaces that touches the brake pad. Found out some of it wasn't even tape but powder coat that somehow got through the tape. Got some of it scraped off tonight but will sand it when I have more time. I ended up just free handing the Brembo logo and it didn't come out half bad. I don't plan on throwing clear over it as if it gets messed up I can just peel it off and put on another one since I have extras.

Attachments

• IMG-0314 (1).jpg
    IMG-0314 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG-0315.jpg
    IMG-0315.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 127

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion

3. Pad shims. I have a set of titanium ones from yperiontitanium that I haven't had a chance to put on for track days

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Had a buddy cut me some 'GTI' decals out of high temp vinyl. Got some 3mm & 5mm spacers in today, so ready to try and install these again tomorrow...

20210605_205902.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Welp, have a big issue and taking a break. Front passenger caliper is leaking fluid from the pistons.