GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Anyone have other recommendation for a high quality brake line that mounts macans like oem PP?

is Hel Performance the best we can get?

If stainless I'm hoping that they have swivel mounting fittings. I hear stainless has some problems with wear and tear due to the very rigid fittings.

Last edited:

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
as for bleeding, has anyone tried using a massage gun to the caliper? It would seem like this could speed things up a lot to detach the air pockets from the piston walls.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
as for bleeding, has anyone tried using a massage gun to the caliper? It would seem like this could speed things up a lot to detach the air pockets from the piston walls.

@turbojzrr gonna be sitting in his driveway with his wife's Hitachi Magic Wand 'massaging' the brake calipers :ROFLMAO:

In general, doesn't actually sound like a bad idea. Probably easier and safer than smacking it with a rubber mallet.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Actually might do the opposite, creating cavitation.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Actually might do the opposite, creating cavitation.
Cavitation is a temporary vacuum so any cavitation will close up on release of the vibration, as long as there isn't significant dissolved gas (which would be problematic anyway). That said, I really doubt any personal massager his wife or girlfriend has would be anywhere near powerful enough to create cavitation, but to each their own!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Cavitation is a temporary vacuum so any cavitation will close up on release of the vibration, as long as there isn't significant dissolved gas (which would be problematic anyway). That said, I really doubt any personal massager his wife or girlfriend has would be anywhere near powerful enough to create cavitation, but to each their own!

You haven't seen his wife's vibrator... :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, that would be a hard no for me. If my wife saw me out there doing that, I'd be in trouble.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

I have a Theragun but it was over $600 so I'm not risking getting it dirty/damaged by massaging my fucking calipers lol.

My calipers are getting a swift beating with a mallet. If that doesn't work, sledgehammer.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have a Theragun but it was over $600 so I'm not risking getting it dirty/damaged by massaging my fucking calipers lol.

My calipers are getting a swift beating with a mallet. If that doesn't work, sledgehammer.

You have a $600 vibrator? Baller

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've seen one of those. I pity anyone that confuses that thing for a vibrator.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R