GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright, so... HYPE

1620251993286.png

Calipers are actually on their way.

So, looking for a little bit of help from here. I'm dying to order more parts, but want to make sure the calipers would fit.

I downloaded the template on the first page, as well as the template @blinky814 posted a couple months ago. I made sure the scale on both of them lined up so those little boxes were 2" x 2". I know I've read about accuracy issues with them, but if I'm using the template right, it seems like there will be plenty of room to spare, going off either one.

The page 1 template:

1620252252247.png

Spoke clearance on the bottom:

1620252280819.png

Sidewall clearance:

1620252310883.png

The blinky template:

1620252335991.png

Spoke clearance:

1620252357944.png

Sidewall clearance:

1620252383551.png

Both of them have tons of room against the spokes, and a bit against the sidewall. The wheels themselves are 18x8.5 et35, and have a ton of room around the stock nonPP brakes:

1620252584008.png

1620252597988.png

Now, obviously I'm not going to hold anyone in this thread accountable, but based on both templates and pictures, the Macan calipers should fit no problem, right?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also, @GTIfan99 I'm going to need that paint buddy, because I'm going to be dying to get these things painted when they arrive!! 😂 😂

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Spokes are probably your "area of concern" given 18" wheels. I run these under 17's myself. If you end up needing spacers I've got some I'll send you for the cost of shipping. I think I have 8mm and something a little bigger. I needed then with my previous calipers but not with these, thankfully.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Both of them have tons of room against the spokes, and a bit against the sidewall. The wheels themselves are 18x8.5 et35, and have a ton of room around the stock nonPP brakes:

Now, obviously I'm not going to hold anyone in this thread accountable, but based on both templates and pictures, the Macan calipers should fit no problem, right?
With that much offset and width, you should be fine.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Spokes are probably your "area of concern" given 18" wheels. I run these under 17's myself. If you end up needing spacers I've got some I'll send you for the cost of shipping. I think I have 8mm and something a little bigger. I needed then with my previous calipers but not with these, thankfully.

Thanks for the offer (why I love the community). I'll keep it in mind, but I don't think it'll be either necessary, or feasible to run a spacer. My wheels are already pretty flush, maybe even with the slightest bit of poke. I think tossing an 8mm spacer on them would just make them look silly. But we'll see when they arrive. Going to go ahead and order the rest of the stuff anyway, just because I'm impatient.

1620256955051.png

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Barrel clearance on 18's is not an issue, and it looks like you have tons of space behind the spokes so I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Man, fuck me in the ass.

All in, $1,280.77.

For something that could be posted in the Cosmetic Mods sub-forum.

Any of y'all just sit back and ponder "Why do I do this?"

There is one thing that is true though.

It's gonna look fuckin' dope when it's done!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
To be fair, a good chunk of that was new rear rotors, which I didn't need, but of course needed them to match perfectly. And the fact that I paid quite a bit extra for the StopTech Sport Drilled and Slotted ones. As well as buying the Motive Power Bleeder, and $50 on a set of Ruthenium HX's I didn't notice was in my cart...

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Man, fuck me in the ass.

All in, $1,280.77.

I spent $2k on brakes to just look at them and say "dang that's cool".

Worth it, though.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Man, fuck me in the ass.

All in, $1,280.77.

March right out of here with those questions, haha. I had unreasonable 6 pot Brembos on my TDI, had to run spacers to clear of course. And then I switched to these because I didn't want to rub (lowered on B8's/H&R's at the time). But I am old (in spirit) so I'm back at stock height, with the Macan fronts and GTI PP rears. And the TDI is still slow, but can slow down more with the best of them :ROFLMAO:.

Drilled and slotted front and back on my car too, wouldn't have it any other way. Both my brake setups looked fantastic dammit!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
How are you finding the pedal feel on your GSW? IIRC you did the red piston grease but not RPV’s?

I feel like I've gotten used to the pedal feel because they feel pretty good, if a little soft still. I will be re-bleeding another 2 liters through the system to see if there are any more bubbles, though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Also, @GTIfan99 I'm going to need that paint buddy, because I'm going to be dying to get these things painted when they arrive!! 😂 😂

Ah shit, I was procrastinating because I thought your calipers were back ordered. I'll get on it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ah shit, I was procrastinating because I thought your calipers were back ordered. I'll get on it.

Thanks, very appreciated! I was shocked to get the shipping email. Someone recently just posted recently about it taking a while, and one of the other websites that sells them for a similar price had them listed on backorder. So I was expecting to wait.

WhiteTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
who ran Macan brakes with a 17in winter wheel setup? if so, which wheels and pics if available. also what rotor size are you using, 340mm or 345mm? this is my current winter setup, some 17in OEM Passat wheels.

spiraljetty.jpg