GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's why I figured you lot would have a recommendation, haha. I'll dig back into yelp/instabook/facegram and find a place if not one has a recommendation. My plan is to sell my current ones with their fresh paint, and to give someone a great deal at that (if they like yellow).

If your guy wants to redo it correctly by completely stripping them, and your plan is to just sell them, why not have him re-do them in a more popular color, like red? Would probably make them easier to sell.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can’t do this. It’s not legal for the class I run the car in with the SCCA. If do One Lap of America in this next year, I’ll consider it. - AB
The changes are reversible and no one cares locally. Ever single local STH car in our 6 car class has something not quite legal, but we're all up front and none of us care. I ran a pro solo and switched all the obd11 settings to stock before event and back after.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So how did the rebleed go? Did they feel better?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Also, you're using the wrong order for bleeding. VW's order is LF, RF, LR, RR. It seems counter intuitive, but it works.

Glad you posted this before I install mine. Why is VW so weird?!

The weather is nice today and I've got the calipers split, sanded and masked off for paint. Hopefully I don't completely mess this up.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Bummer, how did they feel after bleeding again using VW's order?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Glad you posted this before I install mine. Why is VW so weird?!

The weather is nice today and I've got the calipers split, sanded and masked off for paint. Hopefully I don't completely mess this up.
Likely due to the ABS system.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
I can’t do this. It’s not legal for the class I run the car in with the SCCA. If do One Lap of America in this next year, I’ll consider it. - AB
It's up to you but doing a coding change with OBD11 will be completely undetectable. Unless the tech is hooking up a vagcom scanner and manually going through looking for coding changes and knows exactly what to look for, you would be 100% fine.

This is like saying turning on the oil temp display for a GTI would be illegal

B1mmer

Ready to race!
I’ve done the SCCA National Series Tours and ProSolos since 2001 and I care a lot about be letter perfect to the rules. I’ve won plenty of events, but I’ve only had a few top 5’s at Nationals. I have a legitimate shot at winning a National Championship in this car in STH for 2021. Thus, undetectable or not, I won’t do it. I got up at 4 am, cleaned up the garage wreck and rebled the system using the VW order. Turns out the passenger rear had a HUGE air bubble. After that, the brakes felt like stock, which was great. I do think I want a slightly more aggressive pad than the StopTech Sports, but they were pretty solid. Thanks for all the help. - AB

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I’ve done the SCCA National Series Tours and ProSolos since 2001 and I care a lot about be letter perfect to the rules. I’ve won plenty of events, but I’ve only had a few top 5’s at Nationals. I have a legitimate shot at winning a National Championship in this car in STH for 2021. Thus, undetectable or not, I won’t do it. I got up at 4 am, cleaned up the garage wreck and rebled the system using the VW order. Turns out the passenger rear had a HUGE air bubble. After that, the brakes felt like stock, which was great. I do think I want a slightly more aggressive pad than the StopTech Sports, but they were pretty solid. Thanks for all the help. - AB
I'd love to see how you mounted the RPV's. And are you sure those are 100% legal?

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3

Fair enough. IMO I do consider the fact though that if they let you disable traction/stability control, disabling brake boost assist, which is a stability control feature should be allowed.

Last edited:

B1mmer

Ready to race!
Yeah, the RPV’s I’ll need to remove for National competition until my letter to request they’re added is approved.

GTIFan99, you were able to achieve a stock like feel and travel without them? Mine are mounted inline at end of the hardline like emichel6888 did. - AB

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't know anything about autocross classes but why are RPVs and calipers legal but not VCDS tweaks?
Street and Street Touring don't allow changes to ABS or stability control, beyond pulling the fuse or using what the fractory gave you. It's kind of stupid, but it is what it is. Street Touring does allow calipers and brake lines to be changed, but it would be interesting to hear SEB thoughts on RPV.

B1mmer

Ready to race!
Because SCCA isn't where you win by being the best driver, but by being the best at pedantically nitpicking your competitor's adherence to an arcane ruleset that changes regularly.
I don’t know about that. Most people don’t seem to understand how rules creep has some unintended consequences. Street Prepared for instance with update-backdate made for Franken-Miatas like I used to run with a combination of crazy efforts for lightest car/best characteristics possible. I had a 1999 10AE Miata with a 2004 VVT motor, 5 speed transmission from 1994, dash from a 1990, etc... You get the idea. It weighed just under 2000 lbs and put 163 hp to the wheels running 93 octane. I never got to convert it to E85.

If you don’t like the rules, there is always NASA. Their autocross program really died a quick and fiery death. Ha ha.

On a serious note, participant protests are part of game and keeps people somewhat honest. - AB