GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just did this swap on my PP car, pedal is going to take some getting used to but I like it. To add to the wheel fitment, Motegi MR135's at 18x8.5 +45 do not clear the face. I needed a 7mm spacer to get roughly 3mm of clearance between the spokes and face of the caliper.

Did you do the adaptions, red rubber grease and high pressure bleed?

Once I did that, pedal feel was back to stock.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
How long do we expect the red rubber grease to work? Is this a "you're rebuilding your brakes every year" thing? I don't trust the residual pressure valves to hold up to year round salt belt driving so those aren't an option for me.

Slightly OT, but anybody know if the TTS brakes are "high retraction" brakes as well, or do they perform as desired right off the bat?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How long do we expect the red rubber grease to work? Is this a "you're rebuilding your brakes every year" thing? I don't trust the residual pressure valves to hold up to year round salt belt driving so those aren't an option for me.

Slightly OT, but anybody know if the TTS brakes are "high retraction" brakes as well, or do they perform as desired right off the bat?

I've heard same complaints with TTS.

RRG has been on a few months and all seems fine. Honestly, the high pressure bleed after going with RBF660 had a much larger affect than the RRG alone.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion

I'm still waiting on someone to measure their M/C, but there may be two different M/C diameters (23.81mm and 25.4mm) floating around. The Macan/Q5 uses a piston diameter of 25.4mm for their M/C.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I've heard same complaints with TTS.

RRG has been on a few months and all seems fine. Honestly, the high pressure bleed after going with RBF660 had a much larger affect than the RRG alone.

By high pressure bleed do you mean using a pressure bleeder instead of using the two person method?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm still waiting on someone to measure their M/C, but there may be two different M/C diameters (23.81mm and 25.4mm) floating around. The Macan/Q5 uses a piston diameter of 25.4mm for their M/C.
Replying here to avoid continued off-topic cluttering of the Neuspeed BBK thread, but if @emichel6888 is correct about the later R M/C being 25.4 that's intriguing. Any idea how big the rear pistons are on the macan/q5?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If we could get a part number for the one with 25.4 that would be awesome. Might be why some have pedal feels issues when upgrading and others don't???

Guillermo Ruggeri

Car(s)
PASSAT B8 2017
Hi, I change the caliper to Brembo Z18 from a crashed Audi Q7 with 350mmx32 disk.... Y have to test if fit ok in my car. Today I`ll make the first check.

Someone know wich disk is correct to fit in S3 V8/Passat B8 whith this caliper. The original disk from Q7 dont fit in my car.
1610641280733.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hi, I change the caliper to Brembo Z18 from a crashed Audi Q7 with 350mmx32 disk.... Y have to test if fit ok in my car. Today I`ll make the first check.

Someone know wich disk is correct to fit in S3 V8/Passat B8 whith this caliper. The original disk from Q7 dont fit in my car.
View attachment 199947
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd guess the 345mm disk we've all been using might work?

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Any recommended caliper pin removal tool for these? Changing my pads spoons. Heard the pins are smaller than most pin removal tools are designed for.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Any recommended caliper pin removal tool for these? Changing my pads spoons. Heard the pins are smaller than most pin removal tools are designed for.

I bought a set of punches at the hardware store and keep the one that fits perfectly a small tool kit in the car.

Last edited:

lose226

Car(s)
Golf
Guys, have anyone tried these Macan Brembo calipers with 18-inch belvedere rims from clubsport (18 7.5J et 49)? Or with pretorias from passat (et44)?