GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
ok, but wich pad did you use with macan calipers? Ferodo DS2500? DS3000? DSUNO?
You dont like the pedal feel?
Wich kind of disk have installed?
My cost $$ is double of your's. I cant goes back to stock
Thanks again!
Macan Calipers. I used 345mm discs. On track I used StopTech Sport and then I tried DS1.11 on track.

on street I used the StopTech Sport and DS1.11 and DS2500.

The pedal feel was inconsistent on track. Felt like they didn't want to stop sometimes.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
ok, but wich pad did you use with macan calipers? Ferodo DS2500? DS3000? DSUNO?
You dont like the pedal feel?
Wich kind of disk have installed?
My cost $$ is double of your's. I cant goes back to stock
Thanks again!
I used DS2500 for street/track use with 345mm rotors, RS3 brake ducts and Motul RBF660.

They were sufficient for my track driving abilities and never suffered from any major issues. Once I did the OBD11 changes mentioned in the first post, the pedal felt linear and consistent. The only flaw I noticed was that often times, for the first few braking zones of the day, the pedal was a little soft, but would always firm up and then stay consistent for the rest of the session.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Part # for DS2500 fronts for the Macan calipers? Using Centric PosiQuiets now but looking for something with a little stronger bite for my next pad.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm using powerstop z26 pads on the street/autocross front and rear for autocross and powerstops track pad in front for track. RBF660 for fluid and all the obd11 tweaks in OP. Have been using GT3 brake deflectors, but they they keep hitting on things and twisting on the lca, so switching to RS3.

I was having issues with understeer while breaking and a soft/inconsistent pedal, but that was with the stock rear pads. I swapped them for the z26 and did the high pressie bleed in VW order and did the Red Rubber Grease on the front and rear pistons and they feel great now and solved my understeer under braking.

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. I’ve done all the OBD11 tweaks and think another bleed is well overdue. Will try the red rubber grease as well. This car is purely a DD and while I like the progressive nature of the braking feel with these calipers, there is a lot of dead travel and pumping the pedal before depressing at every stop to get it to firm up and engage higher and earlier. The ceramic pads are a nice low dust option but looking to do anything to help with initial bite.

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the Audi A3 sline premium with 340 rotors.. will this mod work for my car... can i use my rotors or do i need to get the 345s

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I have the Audi A3 sline premium with 340 rotors.. will this mod work for my car... can i use my rotors or do i need to get the 345s

Yes, this will work on your car. And yes, you can use your rotors, but depending on pad manufacturer, you may over hang the outside of the rotor with pad material. It's better to use the 345mm rotors.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Sorry for the dumb question, but I have some brake paint on the way. What are the 6 point bolts on the caliper for? I imagine they're to keep the two halves together and I probably shouldn't touch them for painting (just mask and paint around them)? If I'm going to pull the pistons out and regrease them anyways, would it be OK to remove the bolts as well?

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry for the dumb question, but I have some brake paint on the way. What are the 6 point bolts on the caliper for? I imagine they're to keep the two halves together and I probably shouldn't touch them for painting (just mask and paint around them)? If I'm going to pull the pistons out and regrease them anyways, would it be OK to remove the bolts as well?

They hold the two halves together. You can opt to remove them prior to paint, or paint them with the caliper not split in half. I would avoid painting the heads regardless, the paint will chip off the second you put the e-torx socket on, even if you taped over everything.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
They hold the two halves together. You can opt to remove them prior to paint, or paint them with the caliper not split in half. I would avoid painting the heads regardless, the paint will chip off the second you put the e-torx socket on, even if you taped over everything.

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll just mask them off and paint the caliper as a whole.

WFox93

Passed Driver's Ed
Just did this swap on my PP car, pedal is going to take some getting used to but I like it. To add to the wheel fitment, Motegi MR135's at 18x8.5 +45 do not clear the face. I needed a 7mm spacer to get roughly 3mm of clearance between the spokes and face of the caliper.