GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
The shims did help quiet down the DS2500. It did not help the save dust boots from further breaking down though, maybe it helped it some. My brakes did get really really hot when the factory traction control kicked in during hot laps.

your stock boots, or the high temp ones?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
How much Red Rubber Gear do you use? Do you pack beween seal and boot or coat sparingly.

Ub3rN3rd

Went with Akebono ultra premium ceramic ASP1001 pads and 345mm mk6 ECS tuning two piece. This is my second set for rotors from them, I got 50k miles on the first set.

Attachments

• 1A64F83D-D1D9-48AD-8524-F1ECB7553EF0.jpeg
    1A64F83D-D1D9-48AD-8524-F1ECB7553EF0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
So I've just scanned the car and I have a Adaptive Cruise Control - Brake Temperature Error

Anyone had one of these or know what the possible cause could be?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 13.24.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 13.24.35.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 13.25.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 13.25.15.png
    441.3 KB · Views: 90

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So I've just scanned the car and I have a Adaptive Cruise Control - Brake Temperature Error

Anyone had one of these or know what the possible cause could be?

I'd guess ACC requires the brake temps to be within a certain range and doesn't like it when they aren't?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Went with Akebono ultra premium ceramic ASP1001 pads and 345mm mk6 ECS tuning two piece. This is my second set for rotors from them, I got 50k miles on the first set.
Looking at your caliper... did you have them powder coated/painted darker? It could just be how the light hits them but in some of the other pictures they appear much lighter gray. I have dark wheels and was worried about how the calipers would look under them but that looks really good. Might save me getting them powdered/painted.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Looking at your caliper... did you have them powder coated/painted darker? It could just be how the light hits them but in some of the other pictures they appear much lighter gray. I have dark wheels and was worried about how the calipers would look under them but that looks really good. Might save me getting them powdered/painted.
Funny, those pics made me think just that. Plus it seems easy to just hit the ugly rear calipers with some flat black G2 spray paint.

Ub3rN3rd

Stock color. It’s both. The brakes are a Matte black same as my wheels. When the sun is directly hitting it. Looks dark grey.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
With that I'm sold on keeping them stock color. My wheels are satin black, or whatever neuspeed calls it... not glossy though. Thanks for responding.