GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT

How do you like them? My OEM PP brakes are at 60K and I just ordered the FCP cross drilled/red stuff pad kit. I didn't buy fluid yet. I know my mechanic will use OEM. I have a track day scheduled for Oct but I will probably do 1-2 per year.

For reference:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-brake-kit-zimmerman-sport-kit-528841kt18

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
How do you like them? My OEM PP brakes are at 60K and I just ordered the FCP cross drilled/red stuff pad kit. I didn't buy fluid yet. I know my mechanic will use OEM. I have a track day scheduled for Oct but I will probably do 1-2 per year.

For reference:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-brake-kit-zimmerman-sport-kit-528841kt18
So far so good! they've only been on for a couple days, but no complaints as of yet.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Don’t do a track day with stock fluid, it will boil quickly and you’ll lose brakes. Change that first.

Depends on many factors.. but I have done a few tracks days on the stock setup without issues... UNTIL my last 20 min session of the day and experienced some brake fade and went off the track a bit. One of my Neuspeed RSE10s left with a bit of a bend and had to be replaced. That being said... upgraded brake fluid would have been cheaper.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
From Konig - 18x8.5 ET 43 Ampliforms won’t fit - although not sure if they scaled template correctly?

EF1FF538-8DA2-4C7F-862F-8899C7DBC69E.png

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
So I have an interesting problem that I didn't see listed anywhere in this thread.. fluid escaping from the threads of the bleeder screws?
Hi, I have a mk6 gti that i fitted the 986 boxster calipers to, and had a similar fluid weep issue. only thing that fixed it was to remove the rubber bleeder covers completely, torque the bleeders then reinstall the rubber covers. weeping stopped after that. best i could tell the lower loop on the rubber was thick enough to keep the bleeder from seating properly.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Hi, I have a mk6 gti that i fitted the 986 boxster calipers to, and had a similar fluid weep issue. only thing that fixed it was to remove the rubber bleeder covers completely, torque the bleeders then reinstall the rubber covers. weeping stopped after that. best i could tell the lower loop on the rubber was thick enough to keep the bleeder from seating properly.

Hmm interesting, going to give that a try as well since one of the loops looks to be pinched

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
Getting closer to getting this done, high temp boots and seals are in, only piece left is a set of wheels,... that should ship today... hopefully...

Powder coat shop did a great job flowing them, I see really no orange peel like others have. What color is that called?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, prep work is so vital to powdercoat. The shop I used had a vat of something capable of straightening your DNA coils, but it sure made for a clean surface. Also comes down to using the right temp and providing a suitable cool down cycle.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, prep work is so vital to powdercoat. The shop I used had a vat of something capable of straightening your DNA coils, but it sure made for a clean surface. Also comes down to using the right temp and providing a suitable cool down cycle.
exactly, the shop I use, blasts everything down the bare metal.