GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Its a shame ttrs brakes only come drilled. I wish there was a blank 370mm rotor I could use

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Funny enough I just emailed Koning about this yesterday. You can email a template to fitment@konig.com and they will let you know if it fits. I will let everyone know when they get back to me (I asked about Ampliforms).
I emailed them last year about a BBK fitment. I had to call to get any help, and never received a response after emailing someone the template.

So I wouldn't hold me breath, but good luck getting the answer.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
has anyone tried this fluid? or the OEM fluid recommended for the R? both appear to have the same boiling point as the MOTUL the R fluid is also DOT 4 from what I saw.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
SOLD

I have powder coated Macan calipers (red)with high Temp Brembo stickers and Z26 pads installed as well as Stoptech 345mm Slotted rotors and custom stainless steel lines for sale. Will do $1100 (split shipping) within the lower 48, you pay PayPal fees. Never installed, brand new.

15994777933086937067842148850229.jpg
20200814_141338.jpg

Last edited:

AmalgamGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have powder coated Macan calipers (red)with high Temp Brembo stickers and Z26 pads installed as well as Stoptech 345mm Slotted rotors and custom stainless steel lines for sale. Will do $1100 (split shipping) within the lower 48, you pay PayPal fees. Never installed, brand new.
Wow! I'm waiting on Apex wheels before upgrading my calipers, but this looks great. GLWS.

Zmoore54

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So I have an interesting problem that I didn't see listed anywhere in this thread.. fluid escaping from the threads of the bleeder screws?

I just installed these macan calipers last week monday. Just to clear up, I run 17x8 enkei kojin wheels(no spacer required) with pirelli take off slicks. I also have the rs3 brake deflectors and I did all the obd11 coding that was laid out in the first post of this thread. I am still however running the factory front mk7 plain rotors. For pads I have g-loc R16 pads which should have a very high operating temp. a true track only pad that was the compound recommended to me by g-loc. i'm also running brand new AP racing Radi-cal brake fluid. this has a higher boiling point than motul 660. i ran the motul 660 and boiled once with the factory set up with the same deflectors. switch fluid when i switch calipers.

I ran a track day last thurdsay. The track day was 3, 20 minute sessions. First session on the new pads (i tried my best to bed in but it's tricky to bed them in on the street) pedal got pretty low after about 8 minutes. I bled the front calipers and all was well. However, I noticed fluid and air bubbles coming out of the threads of the bleeder screw. The bleeders seemed tight and certainly should not be allowing anything past the tapered seal of the bleeder.. Next session I got the same thing. came in after having the pedal go straight to the floor just passed 10 minutes in. I looked back and saw nothing but white smoke. The pedal felt fine before that. Last session I took it easy and just tried to enjoy myself without pushing it hard at all. Pedal started to get low again and so I came in as they were waving the checkered flag.

On my last session I noticed that I had very bad vibration. This is probably from the over heating the pads the session before and the pads got mushy and started laying a lot of deposits on the rotors(by product of not being able to truly bed in the pads before hand). I know cooling is likely a big issue but that I can fix by reworking the deflectors and getting different rotors (2 peice rotors with substantially more vanes that are directional instead of the straight vanes that are extremely in-efficient.) I'm also going to try different pads that don't lay down so many deposites. I've heard good things about performance friction, ferodo, and pagid. The g-locs are essentially carbotechs. I didn't have these issues with the factory R-calipers and same pad compound. That particular track is pretty hard on brakes because there isn't a lot of straight to cool brakes down, and most braking zones are hard braking zones. Not many spots to feather the brakes or just lift.

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3033.jpg
    IMG_3033.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3034.jpg
    IMG_3034.jpg
    801 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3035.jpg
    IMG_3035.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 210

MurtMk7

Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
So I have an interesting problem that I didn't see listed anywhere in this thread.. fluid escaping from the threads of the bleeder screws?

I just installed these macan calipers last week monday. Just to clear up, I run 17x8 enkei kojin wheels(no spacer required) with pirelli take off slicks. I also have the rs3 brake deflectors and I did all the obd11 coding that was laid out in the first post of this thread. I am still however running the factory front mk7 plain rotors. For pads I have g-loc R16 pads which should have a very high operating temp. a true track only pad that was the compound recommended to me by g-loc. i'm also running brand new AP racing Radi-cal brake fluid. this has a higher boiling point than motul 660. i ran the motul 660 and boiled once with the factory set up with the same deflectors. switch fluid when i switch calipers.

I ran a track day last thurdsay. The track day was 3, 20 minute sessions. First session on the new pads (i tried my best to bed in but it's tricky to bed them in on the street) pedal got pretty low after about 8 minutes. I bled the front calipers and all was well. However, I noticed fluid and air bubbles coming out of the threads of the bleeder screw. The bleeders seemed tight and certainly should not be allowing anything past the tapered seal of the bleeder.. Next session I got the same thing. came in after having the pedal go straight to the floor just passed 10 minutes in. I looked back and saw nothing but white smoke. The pedal felt fine before that. Last session I took it easy and just tried to enjoy myself without pushing it hard at all. Pedal started to get low again and so I came in as they were waving the checkered flag.

On my last session I noticed that I had very bad vibration. This is probably from the over heating the pads the session before and the pads got mushy and started laying a lot of deposits on the rotors(by product of not being able to truly bed in the pads before hand). I know cooling is likely a big issue but that I can fix by reworking the deflectors and getting different rotors (2 peice rotors with substantially more vanes that are directional instead of the straight vanes that are extremely in-efficient.) I'm also going to try different pads that don't lay down so many deposites. I've heard good things about performance friction, ferodo, and pagid. The g-locs are essentially carbotechs. I didn't have these issues with the factory R-calipers and same pad compound. That particular track is pretty hard on brakes because there isn't a lot of straight to cool brakes down, and most braking zones are hard braking zones. Not many spots to feather the brakes or just lift.
Post #677, pg 49. Use the search button