GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

emichel6888

Go Kart Champion
Is it my imagination or did the ECS 2-piece rotors suddenly jump in price?
Not your imagination, looks like the fronts went up about $50 and the rears by $100 from I bought them just 2-3 months ago. With the popularity of this caliper upgrade i imagine a lot more folks are buying these rotors, so with supply/demand this tends to happen.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

I've been looking g at these for ages.
I emailed them recently asking how much replacement outer rings were and was told they don't sell the rings for their own rotors due to safety reasons. Weird that they sell other manufacturers replacement outer rings though.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
They did jump in price, they were $569USD when I bought them last year.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Sitting here waiting for my bleeder kit... waiting...
15968368412353171196165935643685.jpg

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Stoptech Sports Pads on Right vs new Ferodo DS2500 on left.

One Time Trial weekend and 400 street miles on the Stoptechs. Also notice how bevel the ends of the Stoptech pads are compared to the Ferodos. Hope that I get some more initial bite now

Attachments

• 20200809_100745.jpg
    20200809_100745.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 158

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
FWIW, the 755€ price for the OEM color kit (remember, his price includes pads and hardware) are about on par with what you would pay from e-Acca.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/product/porsche-macan-brembo-4pot-calipers-mqb-pp-upgrade-new/

e-Acca prices:
8R0-615-107G 280€ ($332USD) The US, for some reason, has the market on cheap Macan calipers
8R0-615-108G 280€ ($332USD)
8R0-698-269A 44€ ($52USD)
8R0-698-151H 144€ ($170USD)
TOTAL 748€ ($886USD)

The custom colored kits are $140USD more - not sure how that figure relates to what you guys are paying for powder coating/painting here in the US. I can see some wanting to order them custom painted and logo'd and not have to have it done locally and I don't think $140 is crazy but what do I know.

Are they powder coated though? I can't find anything on the webpages that say if they're painted or powder coated.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Are they powder coated though? I can't find anything on the webpages that say if they're painted or powder coated.

I've seen "repainted" mentioned in several of the descriptions.

Send him a message. I've found him to be very responsive.

DaButcher

Ready to race!
Do we still not know what is required to run stok Austin's with these calipers? Would be very helpful for us people that use their stock wheels for winter set-up.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Do we still not know what is required to run stok Austin's with these calipers? Would be very helpful for us people that use their stock wheels for winter set-up.

Post 2 says a spacer between 10-15mm.

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE