GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I think the owner of Killer Brakes has been watching this thread with interest.
Killer Brakes are now selling Macan callipers albeit at a very expensive price compared to what they can be purchased for in the US or on the a-ecca.com website in Europe.
They have even copied the wheel fitment guide into their advert for the callipers.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Killer Brakes are now selling Macan callipers albeit at a very expensive price compared to what they can be purchased for in the US or on the a-ecca.com website in Europe.
They have even copied the wheel fitment guide into their advert for the callipers.

Good for them. Some people would rather pay more for someone to do all the leg work for them. That's fine with me.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

The most interesting thing here is the brake discs - https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...scs-345x30mm-2-piece-5000-series-drilled-new/
I'd prefer non-wavy edge but there might be some options from DBA there too? $840 is definitely a bit steep though.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
FWIW, the 755€ price for the OEM color kit (remember, his price includes pads and hardware) are about on par with what you would pay from e-Acca.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/product/porsche-macan-brembo-4pot-calipers-mqb-pp-upgrade-new/

e-Acca prices:
8R0-615-107G 280€ ($332USD) The US, for some reason, has the market on cheap Macan calipers
8R0-615-108G 280€ ($332USD)
8R0-698-269A 44€ ($52USD)
8R0-698-151H 144€ ($170USD)
TOTAL 748€ ($886USD)

The custom colored kits are $140USD more - not sure how that figure relates to what you guys are paying for powder coating/painting here in the US. I can see some wanting to order them custom painted and logo'd and not have to have it done locally and I don't think $140 is crazy but what do I know.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
FWIW, the 755€ price for the OEM color kit (remember, his price includes pads and hardware) are about on par with what you would pay from e-Acca.

https://www.killerbrakes.com/product/porsche-macan-brembo-4pot-calipers-mqb-pp-upgrade-new/

e-Acca prices:
8R0-615-107G 280€ ($332USD) The US, for some reason, has the market on cheap Macan calipers
TOTAL 748€ ($886USD)

The custom colored kits are $140USD more - not sure how that figure relates to what you guys are paying for powder coating/painting here in the US. I can see some wanting to order them custom painted and logo'd and not have to have it done locally and I don't think $140 is crazy but what do I know.

I paid a buddy $100 to powder coat, though I doubt I could get that deal walking into the place, so $140 seems pretty reasonable.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
The main problem with powder coating is that it can discolour or flake if it gets too hot.
Just look at those beautiful purple callipers that turned into a dull mulberry colour after a track day to see what can happen to them.
I had my current front and rear callipers painted in a custom colour by a company called BCS here in the UK who use a high temperature paint that has a lifetime guarantee against flaking and discolouration.
I've just purchased a 2nd hand set of TTS callipers which are about to be sent off to be painted in the same colour. Its not cheap £185 plus postage for the pair but they do look good once done.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
The main problem with powder coating is that it can discolour or flake if it gets too hot.
Just look at those beautiful purple callipers that turned into a dull mulberry colour after a track day to see what can happen to them.
I had my current front and rear callipers painted in a custom colour by a company called BCS here in the UK who use a high temperature paint that has a lifetime guarantee against flaking and discolouration.
I've just purchased a 2nd hand set of TTS callipers which are about to be sent off to be painted in the same colour. Its not cheap £185 plus postage for the pair but they do look good once done.
lol I feel personally attacked :ROFLMAO: but yeah, sad but I rather have fun tracking than just looking pretty. I was going to get them painted but the shop that was highly recommended in my VW group randomly ghosted me and I just went with powdercoat as I wanted to wrap up the project

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The red powder coating on mine is brighter than the red on the rears, so won't be a terrible thing if they get a little darker. We'll see. Both of my track days were canceled so far, but I have been autocrossing them. Hope to get at least 2 track days in this year. Planned 4, but 2020 is a dumpster fire.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
lol I feel personally attacked :ROFLMAO: but yeah, sad but I rather have fun tracking than just looking pretty. I was going to get them painted but the shop that was highly recommended in my VW group randomly ghosted me and I just went with powdercoat as I wanted to wrap up the project

Didn't mean to pick on you buddy.🙃
Your callipers just looked soooooo good before the track day that's all.

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
getting closer, just awaiting some Covid back ordered wheels

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie

e-Acca prices:
TOTAL 748€ ($886USD)

I just paid $210 for power coat and high temp decals from my shop

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wouldn't a two piece rotor save weight though?

It would, but they are pretty pricey. Not sure the cost is worth the performance advantage.