GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Can I get a moment of silence?
IMG_20200728_175419.jpg

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
What did you hit a land mine?
I wish I new. Something big on the toll road 🙃 took out the rear as well but it still held air 🤦‍♂️
IMG_20200728_163431.jpg

emichel6888

Go Kart Champion
Dealer told me to get bent basically lol.

Going to do the high temp seals and boots, and swap over to a different fluid. If that doesn't work then I'll try the MC.

Fuck me right?

If you want to know for sure you can get these:
https://www.belmetric.com/index.php...CDwQQAvD_BwE&zenid=hkhlosf4ajhfo7c7ukjbgfga75

and these:

https://www.belmetric.com/bubble-fl...p-12164.html?zenid=hkhlosf4ajhfo7c7ukjbgfga75

And make a set of end caps for the front hard line connections, I am pretty sure those are M10 x 1.0 but double check. Then do that 2x4 brake pedal trick, then disconnect the lines and put these caps on the front hard lines. Then pump up the brake, if the pedal stays up hard and firm then you know it is the calipers, if it doesn't then maybe it is the MC or...

The fact that it got better with the thicker pads tells me that it is your caliper seals, but you never know. Or you could also try that trick I mentioned from that guy on the Porsche forum.
Good luck.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
The RacingBrake dust boots say all over their website, and their installation website that the boots CANNOT touch any brake fluid, or the seals will self destruct, so I did a thorough cleaning of the calipers, pistons, and my work surface as they are damn expensive for some little pieces of silicone. Cleaned and wiped everything down with BrakeKleen, and then left everything to dry overnight just to make sure. I reinstalled my LCA's (just added the SuperPro caster bushings, and Proflex adjustable camber front bushings), and then called it a night. Next night, got back out after dinner and added the new caliper seals. After that, added a layer of Permatex Ultimate Brake Caliper grease behind the seals, per RacingBrake's instructions. RacingBrake also makes clear to not get any grease on the dust boots (fragile things, eh?), so changed gloves to avoid any issue, and started adding the boots to the pistons. No issues here, just took my time, and they slipped on with some mild encouragement.

Did RacingBrake send you any of the Permatex Ultimate Brake Caliper grease with the seals or did you have to get your own?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Did RacingBrake send you any of the Permatex Ultimate Brake Caliper grease with the seals or did you have to get your own?
Bought my own at the local OReilys for a few bucks.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
what is the weight of the Macan calipers as compared to stock?

I can have that soon but have read 7 pound difference I think. The offset is in the heavier 345mm rotors resulting in roughly a 5 pound savings on each side. Again, I will know for myself soon enough.